05.

𖤐

The Thought Of You

Setting/Time: Michael is currently a student at Hawthorne and you're staying there with him.

Summary: It's Michael's last night before graduation. Worried about how much Michael's father could control him, you put his powers up to the test.

Warnings: None.

Word count: 1,378

You walk along the empty hallways, taking in the pictures and scenery around you

You walk along the empty hallways, taking in the pictures and scenery around you. It was Michael's final night at the school before graduation. Although you knew you'd end up having to leave one day, you didn't know you'd feel so dreadful about it. The pit and feeling in your stomach send aches throughout the rest of your body. Not knowing how much influence Satan has on Michael as he became more and more powerful and how that might affect your relationship, scared you more than anything. You'd still be there for him no matter what, but you can't shake this feeling and it's eating you from the inside out.

You continue walking until you come to stop. You look up and realize you had made it to the library. Smiling, you reminisce about the first month Michael stayed at Hawthorne and how he aced the test which challenged his powers and becoming the first level four warlock. And then out of nowhere, that pit in your stomach makes an appearance again. The smile that you were carrying on your face, quickly started to erase, turning into a frown.

You enter the library after standing at the entrance for some time. Upon entering, there you saw Michael. His hair so perfectly combed and his bowtie still on from the school day, sitting by the fireplace, watching the flames. The pit remains, annoyed and wondering why it's still there, desperate for it to leave and for things to go back to how they used to be. When you first arrived at Hawthorne with Michael.

As you walk over to Michael, a sad smile wept across your face. You slid down on the seat, next to him while facing the fire. Slowly, you lay your head on his shoulder. Feeling his warmth was all you needed to ease the pit in your stomach. You close your eyes and take in his presence while entangling your arm with his. Michael lays his head down on yours and clasps his hand with yours.

"What have you been up to?" you softly ask.

"Just, thinking about our time here together," he responded weakly. His graduation was a thrill for the both of you, however seeing his power increase and the hold Satan might have on him, worried you both deeply. Michael's magic seemed like it had magnified more than you had ever expected, over the past couple of months. Sometimes, his power would have complete control over him, not being able to stop himself from doing something he'd deeply regret. Michael tried his best to keep everyone around him safe, he never wanted to hurt anyone. You knew his father was trying to find a way to make Michael become engulfed by his dark magic, leading him on the awful path of cleansing the world. Michael knew this too, but he tried his hardest to not let it get to him. It only really worked when you were with him. You knew you were a menace to his father's plan, which only made you want to stay with Michael, more than you already did.