01 : Plans

desperate was the word to define yourself. why? not sure if desperate for being successful in life or desperate for wanting a boyfriend.

yes, you were single as a pringle for the last eighteen years of existing into this world, desperate for finding true love and being successful too of course.

now that you were in the last year of highschool, specifically in twelfth grade. girls already having boyfriends and so do are the boys. it was cringe but at the same time you were curious on what's it like having a relationship. you also knew the pros and cons for being in a relationship too and you overthink about it everytime.

you never knew why, just constantly looking at couples passing by you makes you feel like you were completely alone and you might actually say jealous, if that's the word.

not gonna lie, you felt like you needed someone, those very warm hugs that would make yourself snuggle into those arms as you hear and feel their heartbeat at the same time, receiving those kisses from the one who you truly love would definitely make you heart melt.

you needed someone, someone who's willing to be by your side until death does you apart. sadly, there's none for the meantime.

you walked down through the school halls, students passing by while they go to their respective classes as teachers did too.

then someone accidentally bumped into you. "s-sorry." a familiar voice said. "o-oh it's fine." "oh hey y/n." "h-hi." you waved and smiled as you just nervously chuckled then you rushed to your classroom.

"why did i just bump into him? am i blushing? oh jeez, i hope not." you said to yourself while you touched your cheeks that were blushing red as you shook your head. "snap out of it y/n, it wasn't a big problem anyway." you sighed.

coming inside to the classroom, you saw everyone, still unorganized and waiting for the late boring teacher to come.

it was a typical wednesday morning so basically everyone and everything was a mess. it's always been the same ever since seventh grade.

as you took your earphones off, you glanced at mikasa who was coming towards you. mikasa, your best friend, ever since you were babies. your family was very close with the ackermans that's why. she's also not quite that talkative to anyone except for you since she acts like that one quiet and intimidating in class.

she, then sat down right in front of you, giving you a snack. "what's with the face?" she asked as you accepted to take just a little bit of her snack. "are you sick?" "no, it's just hot." "hmm.. so you still haven't heard?" "heard what?"

"y/n, prom dance is just right around the corner." "prom?" "still living in a nutshell aren't you as always?" "i think so, who's your partner anyways?" "not sure but someone is already asking me out." "ooh nice, who is it?" "some guy named jean from the other section, barely heard of him but i'm not sure, i only heard his friends talk about it but he still never asked me out." "detective much?" "if you say so."

you were never a certified stalker but to my big 'ol brain here, is one. jean, that guy, who crushes over mikasa big time.

sad to say mikasa has hots for eren. it's been like years since mikasa has been crushing over eren, sending signals but he still hasn't noticed any single thing yet.

"so, did anyone ask you out?" "no, also why would they?" you chuckled. never in your life that someone literally asked you out. you acted like a so called outcast and you never knew why.

"ugh, of course no one would literally ask you out." she said jokingly. "well, if you actually tried fixing yourself, guys would probably drool over you won't they?" "mikasa, no, i'm not an attention seeker." "well, i'm just saying. say, have you got anyone in mind anyways?" she asked.

yes, you do have one in mind. in your class, he's your classmate, a blonde guy with a short kind of shoulder length hair, 5'6 foot tall you think, pretty smart but gets teased and probably bullied easily just cause he's way too nice but after all, he's a good looking guy and he was also the guy that you bumped into earlier.

"there is one." you said as you scribbled some random drawing at the pad paper while she looked at you with a surprised face. "why aren't you telling me this? and who?" "i don't know, been kinda into him lately." "wait what? what do you mean by into him? are you like into into him? or just kind of interested about knowing him?" "maybe both?" "oh my, well, we're going to celebrate." "celebrate- celebrate what now?" "i- you still haven't noticed?" mikasa whispered loudly.

"noticed what?" "that you like someone?" "like someone?" you sort of scoffed with a smile on your face. "what are you talking about?" "y/n, you are having an interest about someone. just like me to eren, duh. damn, you really need to stop drinking those iced coffees." "you've got to be kidding me mikasa, me? crushing on someone?" i giggled.

"most likely to never happen." you lied, you actually DID have a crush on him.

you sighed, well then, let's jump off a cliff for being a clown shall we?

"ever since we were diapers, i know you're lying." "yea i know you'd get me, obviously." "who's the guy anyway?" "uhm..fine...it's...arlert."

"that smartass? dang y/n, never knew you were into smartasses." "oh shut up." you crossed your arms.

"well, what do you say?" she said, she felt like she had something going on her mind right now. "what do you mean what do i say?" i asked not knowing what the actual hell was happening.

"uhm, if you'd help me be eren's date then i'd also help you go out with him too." she muttered while you sarcastically laughed. "it's kind of a win-lose situation if you'd think about it."

you never really expected what we're doing right now. "so what do you say? i'll be your wingman and you'll be my wingman." she shrugged her arms as to you that was blinking for a couple of times. "you see, i'm also desperate." she said.

two peas suffering in a pod. you sighed, well maybe this is the chance, a chance to like make a move or something. it's been eighteen rough years y/n, you gotta make a choice, or else you'll rot to death for being single with you non-existent anime boys.

"come on y/n, i don't care if eren doesn't want me to be his partner. at least i got jean, and i'll seriously help you get together with armin, so what do you say?" she lightly punched your arm.

ugh, there's no other choice. "f-fine." you hesitated to answer but you answered her anyway as she squealed in excitement. "alrighty then." "so what now?" "i don't know yet but let's think of a plan." "what plan?" "operation: arlert?" "what the hell mikasa-" "shush, it's perfect."