09: We're just friends

"why are you asking me this?" you ask him as you saw his eyes started to tear up. "wait why are you crying? don't cry-" "you like him don't you?" you were just quiet while he spoke up again. "answer me please?" "i don't...know.." "i heard him confess to you yesterday, didn't you answer him?" "i-i did." then the room went pure silent.

then he suddenly pulled you into a hug. "please, i don't want you to love somebody else." you slowly rubbed his back. "i like you so much but i just keep on denying my feelings for you because if i keep on trying to get your attention porco would- i really thought you like porco and i wouldn't have the chance to take you out on a date and-" you laughed.

"you're just drunk, armin." you knew you wouldn't believe his words just because he's drunk right? "i'm not." he says loudly, he held your arms as he pulls you away from the hug while looking at you, his tears brimming in his eyes. "i'm saying the truth." you feel his long cold but gentle fingers go through your cheek.

"y/n, please look at me." you look at him with a worried expression, your eyes meeting his, you saw his eyes that were glistening because of the tears that had fallen down on to his face and those blue beautiful orbs like the ocean made you mesmerized. you felt that your face from him was inches away and it was like you were about to kiss. scanning his features, cheeks that were blushing because of the drunken state that he was in looked cute to your perspective. looking at his lips, it looked like peach and it looked soft.

"n-no...you're drunk." breaking the eye contact with him. "stop playing with my feelings armin, we're just friends." you mutter in despair as you continue while you meet his gaze. "right?" he sighs, he didn't respond to your question. "i know you like someone else." you said. "i don't like someone else y/n-" you cut him off. "it's annie isn't it?".

"no. why her?" "eren told me-" "so you believe in him? do you?" you stood up. "sorry, i don't wanna argue. sleep well." you utter in a low voice whilst you go out of the room, closing the door as you rested your forehead on to the hard flat surface of the door and you sighed. "damn it, you're so stupid y/n, saying him to sleep well when you just walked out." you mumble as you scoff.

you wanted to go home by yourself and maybe cry because you couldn't do anything else but it was already pouring rain outside. you went to the room that mikasa was in, seeing mikasa that was awake from the bed with her eyes glued to her phone. "i thought you were sleeping?" "had a hangover." "oh."

"i heard armin was confessing to you." "what- were you eavesdropping?" "maybe, maybe not." she shrugged her arms while you flopped down on the bed that was next to mikasa's bed. "i'm confused." your face facing down on the bed while you turn to mikasa with a confused face. "with what?" she asks. "if the both of them confessed, who will i choose then?" "i don't know, i'm not you."

"if i were you, you should just...take it sometime and listen to your heart i guess?" she looks at you. "that's what they always say." you turn your head, facing straight to the wall as you sigh. "nobody even listens to their brain anyway. just take a break and answer either one of them."

"okay then."

it was a friday, you got home at five in the morning with a sleepy mikasa that brought you home, you were already at school right now and you were early today or maybe because you didn't sleep after mikasa brought you home that's why you were early, you waited for her to come but instead, pieck and porco came inside the classroom. you didn't want to talk because you weren't in the mood to because of what happened last night also you got some eye bags underneath your eyes and your eyes were a bit puffy, yeah you cried.

"good morning y/n." pieck said cheerfully as you give her a forced smile. they sat down behind you as pieck taps your shoulder as you look at her with a depressed expression. "what happened to you?" "nothing." "you look depressed y/n, what do you mean nothing happened?" porco utters in worry whilst you sigh. "i cried, no reason." 

"there might be." mikasa suddenly spoke out of nowhere, she was already here. "is it because of last night?" she asks you but you didn't answer. "well silence means yes." pieck said. "what did she cry about mikasa?" "uhm, she cried because- ow-" you stomped on her foot. "her hamster died." "nice excuse mikasa." "aw, i'll buy you one!" "n-no thanks, i don't properly take care of pets anyway." you slouched on you seat while you look at him from a far.

you thought talking to him would be alright and fix out some things. yeah, that'll be alright, that's what you thought. "class dismissed." sir ackerman said as he sighs and walks out of the classroom. you saw the students inside of the classroom rushed outside to the cafeteria. it was already lunch, you had the guts to talk to him and you were ready. you fixed your things so that you could put them at the locker while mikasa waited for you at the other door. 

you saw him stand up from his seat while he has his book on his hand, the that he always reads. you walk up to him as he was already outside of the classroom and you had the urge to speak as you spoke. "hey a-armin.." he ignored you as he walks out. "didn't he hear me? or was i just not too loud a bit?" you thought.

you didn't have any appetite to eat lunch and you just sitting there with your head down as you overthink. "y/n?" you didn't answer mikasa. "y/n, you need to eat." "i'm not in the mood to eat, i'm full." "but you didn't eat breakfast today?" "i'm fine." "you sure-" "i said i'm fine." you cut her off making her surprised. 

"okay okay." she began to continue to eat her lunch, then eren came to your table by just himself. "what's up ladies- oh y/n? what happened to you?" "she's having mood swings." mikasa utters as eren sits down beside her while they had a little conversation which you didn't hear what they were saying.

"so that's what happened." he hums. "he also looks depressed ever since this morning, he only talks to me with some cold ass words like what the hell did i do." he rests his chin on to his palm as he eats his lunch.

"so you told him that you guys were just friends?" he laughs. "yeah right we're friends, what's funny about that?" you look at eren as you said it to him, you just noticed that armin was standing right beside him. he looked hurt to what you said and you felt guilty about it. "wrong timing y/n. wrong timing."