21: Official?

"i- i understand." he sounded sad.

"obviously... you're the most valuable person to me, armin. you were always were." you look at him subtle eyes.

"i really never had the chance to confess to you in a way like this and that whenever i'm ready to confess, there's always someone coming in my way and i- it's just- it's been difficult, having mixed feelings around... you. it was also obvious that i have feelings for you since the day that i was asking eren who his prom date was and the fact that he also asked who my date was."

"i remember the time being nervous around you, the time when i bumped into you." you laughed. "at the mall, while i was ordering my food when you are at the cashier. my feelings were literally just... everywhere." you giggled.

"it's just- i'm not really used to confessing my feelings since i get... rejected... all the time- well! not all the time but rarely and i just don't know if i mean anything to you-"

"y/n."

"...huh?"

"of course, you mean to me. stop thinking like that."

"but... i'm still not sure about these feelings for you, armin! whenever i see you, i just wanna run away. it's making me look like a burden to everybody and i don't want to be a burden to them and now that graduation day is coming, i'm going to look like a stupid potato crying on the stage while i'm getting that high school diploma." you sounded sad, almost at the verge of tearing up.

but he chuckled. "hey, you don't look like a stupid potato, y/n. you're cool and pretty." he caresses your cheek as he wiped out a tear near your eye. "and you're getting that high school diploma, with me." "what?"

"i'm going back to school this week, aren't you excited?" "but i thought..." "the principal made us go back since there were new exchange students. school's pretty nuked up there but i still got the hang of it." "that's cool." "just cool?" "...and i'm happy about it as well." he smiles at your response.

"and... i like you... a lot." you say, feeling anxious but unbothered. "i like you as well." he says while looking at you.

"so does that mean are we..." you stop for a bit as he utters. "official?" you shrug at his response.

"...i don't know, well maybe we can just date for a while and maybe... i would say yes." "heh, alright, if you say so." he smiles or more like he's internally screaming inside cause of what you said.

"you look red, is something wrong?" "h-huh? n-nah. i'm totally fine."

"what are you two lovebirds doing?!" someone yelled from below, seeing that eren was the one who yelled and mikasa on the other hand had a big stuffed teddy bear with her. "nothing at all!" you yelled back.

"how did they know that we were here?" "i- uh- texted them." "oh that's why."

after the ride was done, the both of you exited the ride as for eren who was drinking his slushy looking at the both of you like something suspicious happened earlier. "did you two... kiss- ow!" he got a head slap from mikasa.

"w-what was that for?" "you're being too nosy." mikasa spoke while eren groaned. "ugh."

"so... care to explain why the both of you left us so that you guys can go date around the place, huh?" you pointed at the both of them while they were looking away.

"why would we do that anyway-" he shrugs his arms, looking like nothing happened.

"then what's with that plus sized teddy bear she got?" you crossed your arms when armin was at the verge at laughing. "alright fine, you got us-"

"don't blame me with you, it's your fault." mikasa cuts him off. "h-huh? how was that my fault?" "i said that we would wait for her earlier but you insisted on dragging me to buy some corndogs and then play some mini games." mikasa bluntly said.

"w-well...?" he scratched his nape. "well y-you still haven't thanked me for giving that plus sized teddy bear of yours!"

"excuse me, i was the one who won this prize, okay... and?" he was taken aback.

"i paid for the fee?!"

"i'm just kidding, thanks." she suddenly gave him a kiss on the cheek as she pulled your hand and went away going to the carnival's exit.

"...did she just..." eren slowly had his hand on his right cheek as he was looking at the both of you that was already walking.

"..yeah she just did, come on let's go home." armin chuckled.

"are you ready for graduation day? it's been like years!" mikasa says. "yeah, then... college, right?" "yeah, what college are you going to?" she asks. "i don't know yet, maybe still at shiganshina." "that sucks." "yeah right."

"i overheard you guys talking about college, where you headed to?" eren asked. "oh i don't know." you shrug your arms.

"i mean, i don't mind still staying at the same school for years but hey, at least i'm going to graduate." "good point." mikasa nods her head in agreement.

"then what about the four of us get a dorm at school? wouldn't that be great?" he exclaims. "...eren, you do know that the school doesn't approve that, they only allow the same gender or something like that, also aren't you even talking about college? that's like a university that you're talking about." you say.

"oh yeah, my bad but look, picture this, i mean we all can be at the same school and then hang out whenever we want to!"

"it looks like your mom doesn't like you to be with your friends that much huh?" "hey! it's not like that... or maybe it is but it's not!"

"i threw a party and and she didn't even notice a single thing!" "whatever you say."

"hey." armin whispers to your left side.

"hm? why did you whisper?" "it's nothing." "... are you really waiting for my response?" "kinda." "you have to wait." "but what if i can't?" "then you'll have to wait more. you said that, right? remember that promise that you said?"

"uh yeah..." "then you have to wait for my answer or else you'll be waiting for another year or so!" you boop his nose and that made him blush as you giggled.

"what was that for?!" he tried to speak properly but he spoke so messily. "trying to make you fall even more for me." "stop that! that's unfair."

"stop flirting around you two." mikasa boringly says. "did he ask you out yet?" you whispered to mikasa. "i don't know when he's going to ask, this man doesn't even have the guts to ask." she pointed her thumb at eren.

"hm?" but he just looked at the three of you, looking like what just happened. "you're too funny." you chuckle. "what did i do?" he asked but you and mikasa just laughed. "he's so clueless." "he sure is." "hey! what happened?!" he asked again.

"damn these girls are making look dumb." "that's fine, we all get there." armin utters.