23: First kiss

"you look pale, did something go wrong?" mikasa asked. she was once again back in your house, hanging out. your mom doesn't mind at all when she comes to your house or even when she's sleeping over.

"...yeah." "tell me about it." "well... porco is moving away after graduation and i really feel sorry and i blame myself for it." "why? it's not even your fault." "it looks like it is, cause you know what happened." "....maybe he's going to have a fresh start i mean, you guys are still close right?"

"yeah, but i don't want him to go back to marley." "that's his hometown and it's not like the two of you are going to be not seeing each other forever, you can visit or he can visit." "i'm not... i'm not used to it. i wanna see him everyday." "so does that mean your feelings for him are coming back?"

"n-no! it's not like that! it's just- i still wanna be close with him. like friends and all." "yeah, just like i said, it's either you visit him or he visits. that's fine." "....well maybe you're right, but i'm not even ready for his departure. i might just ball my eyes out." you say and mikasa giggled.

then your phone vibrated from the study table signaling that you just had a notification from someone. then mikasa took your phone.

"hey, you got a message from your lover boy." she chuckled.

you got flustered. "stop calling him lover boy, he has a name." "pft, i really just can't wait to see you two together. like officially together." she jokingly says while she hands you over your phone. "you can see us officially together in your dreams." "as if. i know you, y/n." "whatever you say."

then you read his message.

armin

- you wanna go out today? i don't have anything to do anyway so i might just ask you out on a date with you

- if that's okay with you

- WELL I WOULDN'T CALL IT A DATE

- but rather hang out? weeeeeeeeeeeell a date sounds more cliche hehe

- well what do you say? it's fine if you don't want to

- i can just hang out with the boys

you giggled.

"ugh, he said he wants to hang out with me." you saw his message but you tried to ignored it. "then i'll hang out with the girls or maybe go home and take a rest." "but i wanna be with you though." you say cutely.

"nope, your ass is going to hang out with him, right now, this instant." she stands you up but you just sat again from your bed while you whined.

"but we just got home!" "so? there's like a lot more time to hang out rather than be here, rotting in your sleep." "i wanna rest." "get you ass up, you need exercise."

"don't wanna!" "...then i'll call armin to pick you up? that sounds good."

"no! no way in hell! mom would definitely freak out."

"why would i freak out?" you heard your mom, standing in front at your door.

"shoot...uhm...nothing!" "she says she wants to hang out with armin." mikasa says bluntly. "the blonde boy?" "no mom!" "aw, i'm glad you guys made up, it's fine for me then." she walks out.

"see, even your mom agreed." she made a funny face to tease you. "shut up, i'm too lazy to go out today." "yeah right, the y/n that i know always goes out even on weekdays." "i'm a changed person!" "what's the sudden character development huh?" "shut up!"