06: Smells like jealousy

it was lunch, pieck and porco decided to go with you and mikasa then sasha and connie came out of nowhere and joined. not gonna lie, you actually had feelings for him, you just didn't confessed because you knew you'd get rejected and you were scared of rejection and commitment. those were the only two weaknesses you had.

"so y/n, how are you?" porco asked while you were eating your lunch. "i'm fine, also there's an upcoming party this next week friday." "cool." porco said. "what's the party all about?" pieck questioned. "it's prom." "oh, i've heard about that, that's why there were a lot of posters at the school's entrance." pieck stated. "who are you going out with?" he asked. "i-" 

"hey, scoot over." some guy said, we looked up, seeing eren and armin beside him. "you just could've said please." porco muttered and rolled his eyes while he moved closer to you as for armin, he sat beside to your left. "oh good lord, is this how i die? can you let me rest in peace?" you thought. "what are you guys doing here anyways?" you interrogated as eren sighed. "that horse face and marco took our place i bet he was mad because i got to ask mikasa out first. also you guys are the only ones that we're close with."  you looked at mikasa as if she her eyes were shining. close huh.

"oh okay." "you still haven't answered my question yet y/n." "o-oh.." you nervously laughed. "i already have a date." "who?" should i tell? i think it's better if i should tell. "i-it's-" you got cut off by armin. "she's my date for the prom." porco looked at armin while he also did as if something was going on, you hoped nothing happens. "do you have a problem with that?" armin said sternly and it made your eyes widened. you've never saw this other side of him before. after a long but short silence you broke it with a nervous laugh. "say, wanna go out later y/n?" "alright." you smiled while you didn't noticed that armin was frowning.

fourth period came and the teacher went inside of your classroom. "good afternoon class!" the optimistic and cheerful teacher greeted. typical miss hange. "today we're having a project!" then the whole class groaned. "don't worry it'll be fun! it'll be by partners, alright we'll start with hitch and marlo, pieck and mikasa." "aw, it's okay, i hope you get sasha." mikasa whispered to you. "sasha and connie." now mikasa had an 'o' on her face while she shrugged her arms. "reiner and bertholdt." you saw the duo high fived. you wondered who was next. "historia and ymir." you saw ymir hugged historia, you saw reiner being jealous and all. "floch and rico." "but miss!" rico raised her hand while hange glared at her making her lower her hand. "ugh fine." she mumbled. "it looks like we have three students left, well you guys partner up." she clapped and smiled. "so porco and armin are my partners?" you thought. 

an hour later you guys just finished discussing the project. "do you guys get it?" "okay we get it smarty pants." "don't call me that." "it suits you." porco stated wherein you chuckled making armin flustered. "okay okay, we do." you answered and smiled. "alright class, time's up let's continue this tomorrow."

hange grabbed all of her things as she greeted good bye and went out of the classroom and it was recess. "hey mikasa, wanna go to the lockers? i'll just put my books there." you asked while pieck answered. "i'll go with you." "oh okay." you guys went out of the classroom while you lead her to your locker. "you were close with porco back then right?" she asked while you replied with a 'mhm' "he even talked about you for like years, he really misses you a lot." you chuckled. "never knew he would talk about me even after those five years." "you know, he would ask me if what were you doing and all, he likes you very much." "l-likes me?" "oh, haven't he said anything?" "no." "oh i spilled it, silly me." she chortled while you guys continued to have a conversation.

then it was dismissal. you ran, catching up to mikasa who was on her way at the school's entrance. "mikasa-" you panted out while she cuts you off. "it's alright, pieck and i will hangout for today." "you sure?" "mhm, take care." you waved at her while you both parted ways. "where to?" you ask. "i heard there were some food stands by the park." "oooh~ i'm hungry anyways, let's go." you smiled at him wherein you both walked and talked about what had happened for the past years after you left marley while you two had a little conversation.

"and it was insane!" you laughed at his expression. to be honest, you missed him a lot. you missed everything about him, his hazelnut brown eyes that were like honey, his smile that would make your day ten times happier than it was. you felt like you were falling for him again but wait, you guys were just friends. well that's the sad part. you shook your thoughts away asking him a question. "do you remember the letter that you gave me?" "yeah of course i do, why won't i forget about that? also it was cringy and i couldn't forget about it." he lets out a barf expression making you giggle. "well, there were scribbles as the end of the letter, i thought that it was unfinished." "o-oh.." he scratched his nape. "it was." "what was that all about?" "erm, if i tell you, nothing will go wrong right?" "uh i guess so." shrugging your arms you finished eating your ice cream while you waited for his answer.

you heard him sigh as he continued. "i was supposed to write.. i love you." he looked away. you didn't knew he would also feel the same way. "is this really happening?" you thought again. "and i know i didn't want to break our friendship and all." he looked back at you, you didn't know what to say and you just stayed silent. you were still unsure about your feelings, you didn't know who would you exactly fall for anymore. "i-i like you too." you didn't know why you just blurted that out. "y-you do?" you nodded and smiled. "are you serious?" you nodded again for the last time. "i- er- i don't wanna force you to be my g-girlfriend yet but i can wait." he smiled as he hugged you making you taken aback. "thank you y/n, i love you and that's all that matters." "me too." you giggled. you didn't notice that someone was actually watching from afar.