17: Happier

"y/n? you alright?" you sniffled while you hear porco from your back as tears were already streaming down your face. it was rather embarrassing making him see you cry and it was the first time that he sees you cry in this state. "why are you crying? what happened?" "i-i'm sorry you have to see me like this but i have to go." "don't be sorry, what happened? what's wrong?" he held your hand but you just yanked it away making him taken aback from your action.

"i-i'm sorry." you stutter whereas you ran to the sidewalks at the main road. "y/n! where are you going?!" porco yelled out. "please leave me be!" you yelled, he stopped chasing you while you continued to run as fast as you can, just away from the school and you didn't want to see anyone, you needed some time alone.

stopping from the sidewalk, you strolled, hands on your arms holding them as you noticed some of the street lights that we're flickering on and off. you weren't drunk anymore nor sober, now that you've finally understood that you couldn't trust to love anyone anymore since you saw everything.

you knew something was going to go wrong and it already happened.

"he promised...but promises are meant to broken..right?" you stayed silent for a minute then you laughed. you couldn't handle it anymore wherein you started to cry again. "that jerk played with my dumbass feelings." you utter, wiping off the tears away in your messed up face.

your phone rang making you startle. looking at it, mikasa was calling and you didn't answer it, obviously. it would be a bummer if you answered, she'd pick you up like a stray dog and take you home. you didn't want that, you wanted some time alone.

after thirty minutes from walking down the street to your house, you were already home at last. but then you noticed that the lights were open from downstairs and the door was unlocked. "that's weird, i hope no one robbed." you mumbled through your breath. you went inside, seeing mikasa and eren took a glance at you as she stood up and went to hug you.

"..how come you have a spare key-" she parts away from the hug as she spoke. "why did you run away? i was calling you but you didn't answer i thought something could've happen to you." "i'm fine, see? how did you know i ran away?" "porco told us." she says as you averted your gaze away from her while she notices the stained tears on your cheeks. "who hurt you?" "...no one." "i know something's wrong y/n, you can't lie to me." "i told you i'm fine, nothing's wrong." you shrug your arms.

"if nothing's wrong then what's with the puffy eyes?" eren asks. "my eyes? pft, i had an allergy-" "stop joking around, just say it." she says sternly.

"okay okay, fine. i cried, okay? end of story." "then stop holding it back anymore, why did you cry?" "...w-well-" "well what?" you looked at her, staring into her eyes, reminiscing the scene that happened just an hour ago and it made you tear up again, she hugs you very tightly close to her as she rubs your back.

"well this has something to do with armin." eren says. "we went home without him too, where could he be right now?" mikasa utters. "he should still be at school, we don't know, maybe he got lost or something." "..how could he get lost when he's literally an old student?" "i don't know, he sometimes gets lost if i'm not with him, plus the school is a university, you can't blame me with that." "ugh whatever, just call him."

"sit down y/n, i'll get you some water." you sat down beside eren as he was calling him multiple times now. "i saw him." you muttered. "what?" "i said i saw him." "see him where?" "at the parking lot...with annie." "huh? annie? why is he with annie?" mikasa asked as she gave you the cup of water. "..i don't know. but i'm sure that it was them, they were literally near your car too." "then why were they there?" "that...i don't know."

"i thought he was with you." mikasa said referring to eren. "he goes on his own, alright? he might got pulled out from somewhere from the group when we were all eating." "how can you not even notice, he's blonde?!" "there's a lot of blondes at school! how can you even- ugh, i can't."