19: In those five months (Backstory)

yesterday was the worst day that has happened. who knew that the last thing that'll happen to you in this last year of high school would be so worse that it makes you want to turn into a rock and never be seen again but not until mikasa called you.

"hey boo, you coming or not? literally everyone's here except for you." "....you ruined it, i was playing some sad songs. anyways, why?" "duh, did you forget?" "forget what?"

"armin's departure."

"...oh yeah."

"also, armin said that he wanted to see you right now." mikasa said but you didn't answer instead you just dropped the phone call while you were still in bed, curling like a furball with your blanket. "sorry mikasa, sorry everyone. i think i won't do anything for today." you just thought to yourself, it is better this way. i mean, why would anyone want to go out in a saturday evening.

it would be embarrassing if the both of you would meet for the last time well, not like the last time but maybe something like that. plus it would just hurt you more.

then you heard a knocking at your door, thinking that it was your mom and it was. she just got home this morning with your dad but your dad had some business things to do so he left right away. as your mother closed your door, you suddenly uttered. "leave me be, mom."

"you can't keep acting like this y/n."

you didn't answer to your mother's response so you just sat on the bed as she also sits as she wipes off the tears on you face. "listen to me, i'm sorry you had to go through that but please, y/n. for my sake, don't cry anymore. i hate seeing you in this state. it also hurts me but you just can't see it. i might have went through something similar to you situation but forget about it, it already happened you can't turn back time or maybe talk about it with him and if you can't then maybe change it."

"look at you, you look like you're having a fever." she says as she touches your forehead. "i should have never agreed on making you go to the prom but i know i just can't say no, i wanted you to experience it even though i didn't attend one back in my days cause mama wouldn't agree but for you, it turned out not the way you expected right?"

"listen, you do know that he's just a crush right?" "...no." "is he the boy that i invited to dinner with his parents?" "no." "is his name armin?" "n-no.." "right?" "mom-" "you keep saying no when it's very obvious." "..fine, you got me but can we change the topic please?" "i'm just saying that if he breaks your heart one more time, i'll be the one that he's going to face." she says as she caresses your cheek.

"you're still my baby, get that?" "mom-!" "don't you raise your voice at me!"

"here, drink this." she gave you a glass of water from the nightstand as you drank it. "...are you done yet?" "yes, i just wanted to see if you're doing fine or not but obviously you're not." "yeah yeah whatever." "come downstairs, i already made food." she says as she stands up from your bed and walks out of your room.

sometimes, your mom acts like she's your older sister cause some people thought that if you guys were sisters but isn't or maybe she just looks too young for her age. well, she gave birth to when she was only 20.

and now that she's 38, she still looks young.

no, that's just your brain fooling with you or maybe her skincare products.

"y/n? why did you end the call earlier?" mikasa says as she sits down at your bed.

she went here after armin's departure at the train station and got here to eat dinner. you finished eating with them and you suddenly rushed upstairs. "y/n- wait up!" "don't worry, i'll wash the dishes." "are you sure, auntie?" "mhm, go ahead." "thanks auntie." mikasa says as she rushed to your room.