15: That's suspicious

"also, i got a haircut today! it's kinda cool." he said happily which also made you chuckle through the phone. you guys were calling for fifteen minutes in a row. you and mikasa just got home six hours ago and you were at your room, finishing the project at miss hange's class. "didn't you already tell me that yesterday?" "yeah i did tell you but you haven't seen my hair yet." "huh, i bet it looks like a bowl cut." you laughed. "hey! it isn't a bowl cut!" he yelled. "you went with the undercut though?" "yes! but it's not a bowl cut and i wouldn't want to look like marlo. lastly, i'd look like a coconut." you laughed again. "coconut armin~ coconut armin~." you teased, you knew how exactly he would react and be all flustered. "stop it." you giggle. "hah, very funny." he says sarcastically.

"alright alright. i need to go, porco needs me." "oh...okay then." you heard him reply with a sad tone. "take care and have fun, i guess." he utters as he ended the call quickly.

you were completely taken aback to what just happened also you're a bit sad about it too since you wanted to have a longer conversation. shaking off the thoughts that we're going crazy inside of your head, you scratched your head as you looked over to your bed. seeing that you didn't have armin's hoodie back.

"he must've left it or i did?" you asked yourself. you stood up from your chair, grabbing it as you wore while you paired it up with some comfortable shoes.

you went downstairs, looking at mikasa who was just scrolling through tiktok on her phone. "where are you going?" she asks as she took a glance. "out for the meantime, i'll be back don't worry." "but we're having ramen plus some good 'ol meat for dinner?" "you-" you were left speechless. she looks at you with a smug on her face since both of those foods were your favorits. "you really know how to make me not go to some occasions don't you?" "what can i say?" she shrugs her arms. "i'll be back for like an hour." "okay i'll start cooking." she stood up, going to the kitchen. "mikasa!" you yelled.

"sheesh okay fine. be back in an hour." "why do you sound like my mom, you're not my mom." "and you're not my daughter. why do i always have to keep looking out for you. ugh." "because mom made you be my babysitter." "please, we're just the same age!" "oh hell yeah we do. anyways, toodles~" you just waved your hand, closing the door as you were already standing outside.

you felt that you had sudden vibration went through your pocket, signaling that it was your phone that was having notifications. "who is it this time?" checking it, you saw a bunch of notifications from your messages from porco. "jeez does he really need to spam?" you thought.

"i'm tired~" you whined while you were just sitting down on the bench. "but we were walking for like ten minutes?" "my legs~ i need new legs please." "...then dislocate it." "why would i dislocate it?!" you surprisingly said. "you said that you need new legs right?" he laughs.

"funny." you fakely laughed. "want some ice cream?" he pointed out at the ice cream stand right down the corner of the park. "i hope you don't make your ice cream fall off again like the last time." "it wasn't my fault that it was already on the floor, the cat scared me!" you chuckle. "you're such a scaredy cat. boo hoo." "did you just- was that a pun? that was very unintentional." "i'm so funny right?" "please." he scoffs as you laugh.

after the somewhat short but fun hangout with porco, you took some selfies earlier and posted it on your instagram story because that's what you always do when you're hanging out with someone.

you went home by yourself. and as just as you thought, there were three days left. three days left before he goes to stohess.

overthinking about it, every now and then it would always bother you about armin's transferral to stohess university, you really never knew why they were needed there. maybe the school needs them or maybe the principal wanted to. you internally groaned to yourself as you just continued to scroll throught your feed. clicking the new posts button, it refreshed, seeing that the first post that came up to your feed was annie's post.

"let's hangout again..?" you mutter while you narrated her caption, you were definitely seeing it right. annie's with armin today.

"is this some sort of joke?" you stared at the photo as you scoffed. "you sure do looked like you had fun huh?" you had a weary frown plastered on your face.

"is this what she was up to?" you thought. "no, maybe they were just hanging out as friends...right?" you facepalmed yourself giving a frustrating sigh. you just turned off your phone off, focusing on going back home. she may be up to something which made you think that she's being suspicious and all.

"eat up." she says as she begins to eat her food while you were just zoning out. "are you going to eat?" she snaps you out in reality. "...y-yeah, i am...i'm just- i'm thinking about something." stuttering through your words, feeling uneasy. you had a gut feeling that annie was planning something and you didnt really like how the way she was talking to you earlier back in the grocery store.

"what are you thinking about?" she asks. "...did you see annie's latest post?" "yeah, i did. also armin's rocking the new haircut." "...yeah." silence was heard for just a second as she breaks it again. "what's with the face?" "what face?" you look at her with a confused look. "you seem to be...overthinking, if that's the word?" "..heh, i guess i am." "is it because annie hung out with him?" you blinked for a couple of times trying to reply back to her.

"...i guess so, we even met earlier at the store." "ah, so that's why you looked like you've just seen a ghost?" "uh huh." "pft, don't worry about it, i'm sure they're just friends plus on the bright side, he's closer with you." she says as she smiles.

"hmm..i guess you're right..." "okay now, eat up. your food is getting cold." you grinned as you started to eat.

yeah, mikasa's right. what could evenly go wrong?