CH 1: I need a cold bath

chapter 1

~~~~

Let's start this journey.
☺️

~~~~

"Everything will be okay."

"Dad, I love you."

Jisoo woke up with sweats all over her body, her breathing was fast and erratic. She dreamt of her father once again.

She stood up and went to the kitchen to get some water. She opened the blinds in her apartment as she drinks, while looking at the city of Seoul.

She cannot help but miss her father especially this time when spring is coming. They used to go to check the cherry blossoms.

She was really happy back in those years...

She glanced at the picture she had with her father on the top of her table. The time when her Mom cared for her.

As she reminisces the past, her phone began ringing with her best friend's name appearing on the screen.

Jennie was calling her with their endearment, "Good morning, Babe."

"Good morning, Babe." Jisoo greeted back chuckling before walking back to the kitchen to toast some bread.

"I just called you to remind you about our get-together tonight and vacation in Jeju." Jisoo suddenly glanced over her calendar after hearing Jennie.

It has a mark there with a red marker "Girls' Night and Vacation at Jeju."

Jisoo took to put some eggs on the refrigerator as she answered, "Don't worry. I'll be there."

"Beautiful! See you later." The phone call ended and Jisoo started cooking her breakfast.

As she was eating, her stepdad called her. His voice didn't sound cool so she left her phone in speaker mode or her ears will definitely hurt from his rants

"This is the 5th time you ditched the man I told you to date. Go here for lunch."

Jisoo scoffed, "I am busy. I'll try, Uncle."

Yes, she wanted to call him Dad but he insisted not to. It was better for her because her Dad is the only one.

Her stepdad did not buy it, "I said, go here at Lunch," She ended the call with a sigh. She has to follow him and her mom. It has always been the rule in their household.

As Jisoo finished her breakfast and went to her work as an Executive in their family's company.

She saw Jennie peeked on her door, one of the heads of the marketing. "Hi, Babe. How's your day?"

Jisoo grunted as she arranged her things in her table, "Uncle is setting me up again for marriage."

Jennie frowned as she sits on the sofa, "Your stepdad is really pushing what he wants."