Unexpected Customers

MARISSA'S POV

I woke up, like any other morning. I took a shower, and straightened my recently colored hair. I dyed it the same color, my roots were just showing. I got dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans and a Black Veil Brides shirt that I was required to wear because they  were in town for tour and would probably be visiting the store at some point. Yes, i thought about not going in, but the baby needed stuff and in order for me to purchase that stuff, I needed money. I grabbed my leather jacked and headed to work.

The baby was definitely energetic this morning as it kept moving and kicking. It finally rested on my bladder which was not a good thing, because I had to pee 20 times an hour.  I walked in and greeted Alexa who was putting money I'm the cash register. The store hasn't opened yet, but all employees had to be there an hour before the store opened, so we could restock shelves and do other necessary things to get the store up and running. Since I was pregnant, I couldn't stock shelves in case of falling, so I finished the cash register job and went around putting prices on merchandise. After that, I cleaned the store, so it wouldn't be dirty when customers arrived. We received more Black Veil Brides shirts since the tour was soon. I looked at them, and a sense of pride came over me. They were my friends and I missed them, but I was happy that they were living out their dream. I smiled to myself as the timer went off, signaling the start of the work day. I unlocked the store doors and went behind the counter, preparing for what would be an interesting day for sure. 

A lot of the Black Veil Brides shirts were sold along with other merchandise with their logo and faces on it. The kids were definitely excited for their upcoming tour and I was happy for them. I still get emotional when thinking about Ashley, however I wanted him to be happy, and if I wasn't his happiness, then so be it. I hoped I could meet Ashley one day and working at a place like Hot Topic, the task wouldn't be to difficult. 

I found out that in a couple days, Black Veil Brides would be doing a signing in the store, and lucky me, was supposed to be their assistant. I would have to get them water and make sure they were comfortable. I know they would recognize me. I told Alexa, I might not be able to make it, but she said that it was required for all employees to participate when we had signings. i contemplated waiting until then and then making up some excuse as to why i couldn't attend, but it would be to obvious and I could potentially lose my job. I accepted defeat and tried to come to terms that my worse fear would be coming true sooner than i intended and the reality was not a fun one. I wanted to see them, yes, but I was hoping the event wouldn't happen until after my baby was born. 

The day went by really slow and i was getting extremely tired. The baby hadn't stopped kicking since lunch and it was starting to get on my nerves. I coldn't do anything about it, but it still wasn't them most comfortable position to be in. I wanted to go home, but i only had three hours left of work, and I figures I could stick it out for the remaining time. 

I walked back in and continued working the register. Two hours passed quickly and business was slowing down. I only had one hour left and I was actually excited to go home. The baby has been active and I was tired. I love my job, but I was beyond exhausted. The door chimed and I looked up like I normally do when someone walks in. I was getting ready to welcome them to the store, but I was met with honey brown eyes that closed my throat and made me freeze. 

This wasn't supposed to happen for another two days, I'm not prepared for this. My eyes began to water and i excused myself to the bathroom. i slid down the door and began crying. He's right out there and he recognized me! What am I going to do now? I have to go back out and I know the other guys recognized me to. I looked in the mirror, fixed my makeup and left the bathroom, mentally preparing myself for the meeting that was about to take place. 

I walked out to see Alexa talking to the guys. I momentarily thought about making a mad dash to the door and running away, but in truth I didn't want to. 

"MARISSA!" I heard a feminine voice yell that obviously wasn't one of the guys' voices. I looked up and saw my sister, Riley running up to me. We shared a girly hug and she asked how the baby was dealing while she felt my belly. I told her  it was fine and wiped the tears of joy from my eyes. I missed my hyper, crazy sister. she hugged me again and whispered "Ashley hasn't been the same, you guys should talk." 

I dragged her into the bathroom to talk. The store was already closed, but Alexa agreed to let the guys stay for a little longer to talk. 

"What do you mean he hasn't been the same?" I asked.

"You were always the stupid one." she said in a matter of fact tone, earning a slap from me. 

"In all seriousness though, he obviously loves you, after you left he turned to alcohol. He even considered leaving the band Marissa! He felt terrible for what he did!" she yelled like it was obvious. i sighed. 

We walked back in the store and the guys greeted me with hellos and we missed yous. I admitted that I missed and loved them to. I looked around and only saw four guys. I was a little upset about it and my smile dropped. The guys noticed. 

"He went outside, he didn't think you would want to see him." Andy said. 

I went outside and saw him sitting on the bench outside of the store. He had his head in his hands and wasn't paying attention to anything. I sighed and walked over. I sat down and tapped his shoulder.

He looked up at me and sighed. 

"I'm sorry Marissa." 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N I FINALLY UPDATED!! I'M REALLY SORRY! THERE'S REALLY NO EXCUSE FOR IT, I JUST DIDN'T HAVE ANY MOTIVATION TO WRITE. I GOT AN UNEXPECTED 4 DAY WEEKEND BECAUSE OHIO DECIDED TO TURN INTO ELSA'S WONDERLAND AND HAVE TEMPERATURES OF -20 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT, SO I HAD TIME TO UPDATE! 

COMMENTS HELP ME GET MOTIVATED TO UPDATE, JUST AN FYI! 

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW ME