II - Lightning McQueen Is A B!tch

It's a quarter past midnight,
As we cut through the city

⚜️

Kai takes off in a sprint towards the edge of the roof and leaps forwards, does a graceful front-flip mid-air and then lands on the adjacent roof flourishing her hands upwards like a gymnast.

Fucking show-off.

Yuri follows the lead and sprints towards the edge and leaps into a side-flip before landing on the rooftop on her two feet as well.

The bigger show-off of the two. Why did Kai ever agree to teach her parkour?

At this point I curse myself for not going with Cassandra, Elara and Rey. 

I run and jump, without looking downwards at the gap in between the buildings like the humble girl I am. Yuri gives me one of her very graceful, condescending snorts before the two of them break into a run again and jump onto the sloping roof of the adjacent apartment complex. Why the hell do people still have these 18th century tiled roofs? Did they know how inconvenient they are for thieves like me to do parkour over? 

I follow them, legs carrying me in full speed as I leap onto the roof-tiles and try to balance my sideways self as we run straight towards the next complex. I feel a few loose roof tiles slip and fall under my feet, and I curse them as well as my balancing skills as I maneuver towards Kai and Yuri who are hopping over them like a bunch of Clefaries. 

Pokémon reference, anyone?

  As reach the partition between the two complexes, Kai lets out a whoop before sliding down the tiles and launches off onto the lower rooftop of the next building. I swear this is how they do it in movies. How did her stupid ass not get stuck into the gaps in between the tiles? Why didn't the tiles loosen under her fricking weight?

Plus oh my Lord the gap between the buildings is huge! 

Plus plus, I swear I feel like these roof-tiles have a personal vendetta against me. I seem to be the only one struggling with them.

Yuri, because of the extremist that she is, launches herself off the top of the sloping roof we currently are on and does a double front flip before landing on the rooftop on her hands and feet.

Guess the leather gloves were a smart choice after all.

I follow Kai's lead as it seems a little less skull-shattering than Yuri's and slide down the uneven rooftop tiles, scratching my beautiful booty a few times, as well as my hands, before planting my feet the edge and pushing myself off.

I cherish the momentary surge of weightlessness and the rush of adrenaline coursing through me as I barrel towards the adjacent rooftop. And then brace my hands against my shoulder and somersault to a stop onto the rooftop. I get up to see Kai and Yuri already running towards the next building and run as fast as I can to catch up with them.

I feel like closing my eyes and feel the wind rushing over my face. But if I close them and don't see the end, I might as well topple over the edge of the roof and fall to my death. 

Seems like we have quite the dilemma over here.

I reach the higher edge of the rooftop, plant my hands on the railing and push my body upwards towards the joint building in front. I hop down the raised walls and finally catch up with Yuri and Kai who are laughing together as they sprint forwards.

They treat it like an amusement park ride more than terrifying-rooftop-jumping-without-safety-harnesses.

Well they are not the ones stressing out about cops, the location of our safehouse, our change in getaway plans or the fact that the backpack containing the priceless statue is dangling on Kai's back like a sack of fucking potatoes.