XII - Very Tokyo Drift-y

8 days until the job

⚜️

"YURI WE ARE NOT ON AN EXPRESSWAY!" Cassandra shouts in the backseat as we zoom across the nearly empty streets of Chicago. Kai snores a little in affirmation, in the backseat.

I just sit back, strapped tightly onto the passenger's seat while sipping my sweet tea, which I absolutely hate. Why does my mind want to experiment at two in the morning?

Should've gotten the iced latte instead, I curse myself as I stare at Yuri's hazelnut latte sitting in the cup holder.

We decided that this particular sleepless night was perfect for city exploration, just to memorise the streets. We will explore the traffic I'm the evening tomorrow, hopefully. Everyone other than Cassandra and Kai was sound asleep, so we dragged them along, and so far, Cassandra has not been having the best time, and Kai fell asleep on Cassie's lap as soon as we began the ride.

Now many of you must be shocked as to why Cassandra had that reaction and I didn't. This is because, even though this looks like a scene from Need for Speed, Yuri knows her craft well.

And she knows that if she scratches the rented car I'm going to claw her eyeballs out with the keys of the rented car and sell those to make up for the damage costs.

So it's all good.

Suddenly we hear sirens in the background. I didn't even say the words out loud, how the fuck did I jinx it?!

"Oh God no! It's the cops! I am NOT going to jail for speeding!" Cassandra screeches, while shielding her eyes for I don't know what goddamn reason.

I curse, "Shit, I didn't carry the fake license with me."

Yuri turns to me, "We outrun them?"

I nod, "We outrun them."

Cassie decided to speak up again, "Are you guys fucking insane?!"

I roll my eyes at her and turn to Yuri, "License plate is covered right?"

Yuri nods whole wearing her usual lazy grin, "Did it while getting the drinks," she says before taking a long sip of her latte which I really want at this point.

I turn to the Google Maps on my phone, "Okay, turn left around the next corner, then switch to the lane parallel to the main road because it has zero traffic and turn the goddamn silencer on this time, capisce?"

I had Mon install a silencer on the motor of our car because at high speeds, it's just way too loud.

"The lack of anxiety among the two of you is just increasing my own," Cassandra mutters from the backseat, and I think she looks a little green. 

Kai is still fucking sleeping.

Yuri turns on the silencer, and then, catering to her need for flashiness, she slips on my pair of Ray Bans before switching the music from a cutesy romantic song to my hard rock playlist. The bitch will never buy her own fucking sunglasses. 

In The End by the Black Veil Brides plays on the speaker as Yuri steps on the gas. And oh she steps hard.

Our speed meter switches up from seventy miles per hour to a hundred and ten miles per hour.

My head feels light, but at the same time my butt on my seat feels like a thousand pounds as we zoom speed faster than ever down the road. I take out a spare pair of sunglasses from the glove compartment and slip them onto my nose, I want to look cool as well.