XVI - Click Clack Click Clack

Game Day Part 1

⚜️

I'm a nervous wreck. That should be obvious. Right?

I am sitting and staring at my feet as Pandora bustles around me, fixing makeup onto my face. No mask this time, because well, the weird artist dude had seen the real one, plus we have invites so the police will leave us alone if we just have proper IDs. And Blaise always takes care of that problem.

Pandora brings out her trusty curling iron and starts curling my ratty brown hair into ringlets, while whistling the Office theme song. I have been instructed to not talk to her when she is working on me, not because she gets distracted, but because she thinks my voice is annoying. Not that I find it hurtful...right?

I am sitting in a beautiful flowing teal cocktail dress with off shoulder sleeves and delicate, yet very fake, Swarovski crystals woven into the bodice. And I have a teal neck piece made with the same cloth, with swirling crystal designs on it, and it gives a whole Cinderella vibe. And well, Pandora was going to put my hair up, but when she noticed that it might make me a brunette Cinderella, she put my hair down. We don't question Pandora around here.

Next to me, Ariadne is making minor adjustments to Cassandra's dress which is a regal ankle-length, mermaid style dress made with silvery-grey material with cute white cloth flowers stitched into the sides in a swirling pattern. Alby is already done with her makeup, with her choppy hair put up into a bun with a pink headband to match her baby pink skater-dress, which has the cutest ribbon on the waist, making her look much younger than she is. In a good way.

Rey whistles as she walks in, with her makeup and security get-up all done, looking just like one of the security-company's guards. And Dhara follows her.

"Look at you all dolled up," Rey grabs Alby's hand and playfully twirls the girl around, she giggles while her dress flows around her gracefully. I swear to God, Alby can make anything suit her.

"Okay, focus Rey," Minji says, "We're going through the plan once more."

I clear my throat, "Your sole purpose is to be on the path between the stage and the basement room, and make sure other guards are not there. Kai runs by you, you guide the guards in the opposite direction. Cassie," I turn to my grey dressed beauty, "You are going to go to the bathroom and cause distractions if Rey and Dhara get swamped, okay?"

"Yuri!" I call out to my driver who then runs into the room with a Twinkie in one hand and leather gloves in her other hand.

"You got the bike in position?" Minji asks.

She nods with a mouthful of Twinkie.

I smile, "Perfect," I turn to Mon, "Fully functioning silencer fitted into the bike?"

Mon nods, "Yes."

Minji turns to Yuri, "Get Kai out of there as soon as possible, Mon will try to cover up the tunnel, but if it's too risky, she'll get out of there as well."

"You know where to go after that," I tell Yuri.

"That dude was so stupid to just randomly hand out invites," Pandora suddenly remarks.

Minji nods at her, "Yeah, we made a gamble on whether we could stroke his ego enough to get him romantically interested in one of us, and luckily for us, he seemed very into Alicia."

I put on a smirk, "After all, no one can resist my charm."

Dhara smiles, "Well you got all of us into this stupid crew, so I guess not."