V - You'll Be Just Fine, Alicia

⚜️

"I hope all of you had fun," I say, while stretching my back muscles. Never thought a few rolls of satin and lace could be that heavy.

The whole time we were in the city, I was treated like a peasant. And in reality I'm her fucking boss. Well, partner might be a better term, but one thing's for sure, I'm not an inferior.

It was like one of those movies where the diva rich wife is walking around town wearing a white dress, a black hat, a black pair of Gucci heels and jewel-encrusted Ray Bans on her head, holding a teeny tiny purse full of credit cards with an unbelievably high limit, while her servants walk behind her, carrying bags labelled Louis Vuitton, Prada, Yves Saint Laurent and all and colourful stripped boxes of hats.

Except, Ariadne was wearing a white t-shirt and denim jeans, with a red scarf and her Doc Martins, and I was carrying huge-ass plastic bags with familiar labels like Walmart, Target, Louisa's Discount Cloth Emporium and...an X-rated name I'd rather not say out loud.

Don't ask me why I was dragged into a...fornication store. The only explanation I got was that the weirdo, who I made the mistake of hiring, wanted those latex fabric thingies which dominatrixes prefer to wear.

Oh the horrors I saw in that store, they are going to haunt my nightmares. I almost called my mother to ask her to ship me some holy water.

Ariadne on the other hand, had been casually browsing the shelves as if she was at a fucking grocery store.

Oh what would I have given to go to that Science Museum with Mon instead.

Alby cuts through my thoughts, "I got some VIP tickets to a show of Hamilton on Broadway. They are supposed to be pretty expensive!"

Monqiue gasps, "No way! They are the price of diamonds and are almost always sold out."

Cassie smiles that sinister smile that I have come to be terrified of, "Oh well he was one of the 'higher-ups', so he had a few tickets to give out."

What kind of a con could they have run to get Broadway tickets? And what's up with the dude? Why would he just randomly carry those pricey tickets around. One slip from the jacket and could make any passerby either entertained or a few grand richer by selling them.

I narrow my eyes at Alby, "You know we're not headed to New York anytime soon, right?"

Alby gives me a cheery smile, "Of course. I'm just planning to sell them on eBay."

"You'll get a shit ton of money off of them," Minnie comments, examining her nails.

I turn to Kai and Yuri, "What about you guys? Found the best cheesesteak?"

Yuri shrugs, "We got bored after eating the first one so we went on the hunt for the best corndogs instead."

Expected.

Rey begins drumming her fingers on the table, "So, did you find the best ones?"

Kai shrugs, "I don't know about best, but we did eat these phenomenal mozzarella dogs in this cute street near the Love Park place. We met up with Dora and Minnie there."

Minnie sighs, "Oh yes those things were delicious. Dhara joined us later as well."

Dhara laughs a little, "Oh Kai kept dropping crumbs in the Park and we had this horde of crows around, waiting to eat those. And there was this huge fountain and all these couples were sitting around being all lovey. It was adorable." Her Indian accent is so cute sometimes.

Okay so all of them had a great time while I suffered carrying plastic Walmart bags. That's fucking fantastic.

"There was going to be a movie screening later, but most of us just wanted to come back and rest," Yuri says, "Though I did do some serious skateboarding tricks in the rink. Those boys didn't know who they were challenging."