XXIX - Assault Rifles And TNT

12 days before the job

⚜️

It a brand new morning and the smell of sizzling eggs makes me float out of my bed into the living room.

And there is my baby Minnie, flipping eggs, while our taller twin is standing next to her, serving rice from the rice cooker into plastic bowls Dhara and I picked up at a store very similar to Walmart.

Ugh, Walmart.

"Gimme the goodies," I adjust my pajama pants before gracefully setting my flat butt on top of the kitchen counter.

Minnie smiles, "Good morning sunshine," And she hands me a cup of black coffee. Just what I need to start my day.

Jian places a cup of rice in front of me, with a fried egg on top of it. Plus there's a smiley made by cutting up seaweed.

Perfect.

"What have I done to deserve this treatment?" I place a hand on my chest.

"I'm just trying to prove that I would be one hell of a housewife," He shows me his perfect set of teeth in a full smile.

I pick up my chopsticks just as Alby and Ariadne make an appearance. Alby thanks Jian for the rice while Ariadne just scoops up milk and cereal.

Blaise enters next, and without looking at any of us, she picks up the coffee mug and pours herself a cup.

The infernal twin tries to serve her a cup of rice but she's already out of the room, so he's left staring at the cup of rice with a little smiley on it.

This just makes it all the more depressing.

Rey snatches that bowl up and then offers to make Jian some coffee. I warn him that he'll be bouncing off the walls. Yuxian hops into the kitchen and declares that he is up to the challenge.

I drag his sorry ass out of the kitchen because I can't have any hacker out of control.

And till then Jian has drunk a cup.

And oh Lord he's speaking faster than I've heard him speak.

"So I used just a teaspoon of sunflower oil, and I fried it till the albumin becomes faded white in color and I leave the yolk running and I put salt and pepper and a some sesame oil and sesame seeds and just a little ramen seasoning and-"

"But... I didn't even ask for the recipe... " Dharuna cuts him off.

Fucking great.

Yuxian takes his coffee and joins Blaise who is now standing at the balcony, and the two of them smile at each other while talking, Blaise nodding her head from time to time, while Yuxian uses a million hand gestures.

"Seriously why is she smiling so much, has she lost it?" Pandora siddles up next to me, making me jump a little.

"I dont know, love's a beautiful thing," Elara walks up next to Pandora.

"You think it's love?" Jian comes to my left, his eyebrows are cringed together, making his forehead crease.

"What else could make the grinch smile?" Ariadne walks up next to Jian.

"Maybe he drugged her coffee," Rey offers from behind our backs.

Everyone turns to stare at Rey.

She shrugs, "It's a very real possibility. Have you seen the effect of ecstasy?"

"Well, she does have a good point," Minji comes to Rey's aid.

"I vote for the drug theory as well," Monique calls out from where she's sitting at the dining table.