'19

I don't know how long I had been sitting in the room but soon Czar came to get me. I noticed that he changed out of his suit into sweatpants and a t-shirt, he looked to be stressed out as he held the door open for me. I said nothing as I walked past him into the busy hallway. I was sure Czar was going to make me get the stupid tattoo sooner or later but I had managed to put it off and that was good enough for me.

We walked to another room where a few people were seated he motioned towards an empty chair and I took my seat. Not sure what we were here for exactly, but I assumed that it must be something serious. Czar took a seat beside me and took a deep breath as if he was trying to calm himself down.

"Do we have any news on Liam?" He asked.

"We have not been able to track him." A guy with a scar on his cheek said. "It's almost as if he doesn't exist." 

"Nonsense, he has to be someone. I refuse to have that asshole make my wife live her life in fear." Czar said his Russian accent sounding even more thick.

I noticed that it did whenever he grew angry. I looked around the room and no one seemed to have a response  and they all seemed to be waiting on Czar, as if he will explode at any given moment. 

"What if it isn't Liam..." I suddenly said.

Everyone's head turned to my direction in confusion and I cleared my throat.

"We all assumed it was Liam but I'm sure there is other people who would want to get back at you....you're not exactly nice." 

Czar stared at me as if I had two heads but I knew what I said was reasonable, it made sense to me, I mean of course Czar would assume it was Liam because he wants it to be Liam. What if he was just making the whole thing up in his head?

"I suggest that you stop looking for Liam, look for someone else. In fact I'd bet that we have a rat. There is no way someone would know where we vacationed to without being on the inside." I added.

Czar looked around the room, suddenly seem to catch onto what I was saying. He snapped his fingers and suddenly I was being escorted out of the room by Anderi and some other guy.

"What's happening." I asked as we exited the room.

"Czar is handling the issue." Anderi explained. 

I didn't even want to think about what Czar was going to do so I pushed it to the back of my head before turning to look at Anderi.

"Listen, I know I said I don't think it's Liam...and I don't. But I know news about Czar getting married will reach him eventually and he will come for me and I was thinking-"

"What are you trying to say Zariah?" Anderi asked.

"I was thinking what if we go to him first? Maybe I can tell him about my situation and maybe he'll not want to not kill me." I explained. 

"Czar would never allow that."

"What if we don't tell Czar?" I asked.

Anderi took a step closer to me. "Are you implying that we do this by ourselves? Czar would kill me if he found out."

"But he won't find out. We just have to be careful, please Anderi all I need is to plead my case to Liam and if he doesn't change my mind you can pull the trigger. Czar may be a little mad at us afterword's but at least we'd handle the problem before it gets out of control."

"We can't kill Liam" Anderi said.

"Why not?"

"Because Czar wouldn't want us to. Despite what the guy did he still cares for him and I don't want to be the one responsible for his best friend's death."