'9

I woke up to hushed whispers and a terrible headache. My eyes tried to readjust but it was hard due to the sunlight coming in from the curtains. I felt like hell and I was sure I looked like it as well.

"Good morning." I heard Czar's voice say.

When I finally opened my eyes I found him standing at the edge of my bed with his arms crossed and a stone cold face. Beside him was Lonnie with a plate of breakfast, water, and pills which I was assuming was for me.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Someone slipped something in your drink. Lada thought it was the bartender so I took care of him and that creep that grabbed you." He explained.

I sighed not wanting to know the details and Lonnie walked over and gave the the plate along with the glass of water and pills. I quickly took two pills and drank my water before diving into the plate of food. I thanked Lonnie quietly and as she left the room.

Czar rubbed his forehead. "We have to talk."

I looked up at him "What about?"

He sighed. "I didn't want to rush the wedding because I wanted you to enjoy planning it or whatever it is that you girls do. But, I have business to attend to at the end of next week which requires for me to Bora Bora for a few days and I don't want to leave you behind."

"What are you getting at?" I asked.

"We have the wedding next Tuesday and we can spend Bora Bora together as a honey moon." He stated.

"Okay." I said as I took another bite from my eggs.

He looked surprised "Really that's all you have to say?"

"I'm already getting married against my will, I don't see the point in trying to prolong it." 

He didn't say anything for a while a he watched me eat. I looked up at him wondering why he was still here but suddenly his phone began to ring and he answered it as he walked out of the room. It had me wondering if he was talking to Kira, his so-called "assistant". 

A guy like Czar properly has been with plenty of girls and I wouldn't expect him to stay loyal to me during our marriage. Why would he? It's not like we're in love. But, I do wonder what will happen when he wants kids, would he expect me to carry them? Does he even want any? I know that I want kids more than anything, I was too maternal not to have any. It made me sad, I always thought I would have children with someone I was madly in love with and I see now, that's not the case. 

I shook of my thoughts off and continued to eat my breakfast before I made my way to the bathroom to take a shower, after words I brushed my teeth and left my hair in it's natural curly state. As I was changing I noticed 10 missed calls from my mother. I instantly called her back and she answered before the second ring.

"Zariah, I've called you ten times!" She said.

"I know mom, I was in the shower. What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's daddy, he had an heart attack, we're at the hospital right now and the doctor is telling us he's not sure if he'll make it." She sobbed.

I felt my heart drop and ice run threw my veins. "What?"

"You have to get here now. We're at St. Joes." She said.

"I'm on my way." I said before hanging up.

I frantically threw on a pair of sweats and a random shirt with slides all while trying to hold back my tears. I grabbed my phone and rushed down the stairs heading for the front door.