'21

As I stood in front of my parent's house I suddenly felt nervous to ring the doorbell. I hadn't let my mother know in advance that I was going to be coming to visit, I wanted it to be a surprise. Czar sat in the car, waiting for me to get inside before he would pull off. I took one deep breathe and rang the doorbell three times, something we would do if one of us forgot our keys at home.

From the inside I could hear footsteps rushing to the door before it was yanked open.

"Zariah." My mother said  before yanking the screen door open and pulling me into a tight hug.

Behind her was my brother and my father who both seemed to be in shock to see me there. I could hear Czar pull off and I let out a breathe of relief.

"We missed you so much." My mother cried. "We were just talking about how upset we were that you won't be joining us on vacation this year."

I bit my tounge from saying anything to upset my mother and decide to just smile.

"Yeah I wish I could come."

There was an awkward silence and I cleared my throat before moving away from the door and looking back out the window to make sure Czar really had left.

"Your husband isn't joining us?" My mother asked.

I took a deep breathe, already regretting my choice for coming her. I loved my mother but sometimes I questioned her common sense.

"No, no he will not."

"Well that's too bad, I want to get to know him better. Are you guys getting along?"

"We're getting along just fine mother, can we talk about something else." I said.

"Yeah chill out mom, let her breathe." Josiah said as he placed one hand on my shoulder.

I smiled at him and he pulled me into a tight hug. "I missed you." I said.

"Alright, alright. It's might turn." My father said.

Josiah let me go and I went to hug my father. He sniffed my hair and then sighed. "I missed you so much."

"You should come visit more often, or we can come visit you." My mother said.

"No, no. I'll just come and visit you guys."

I didn't want my family anywhere near the house, considering what Czar does for a living. I didn't want them to get involved or have targets on their back, and sense I'll be trying to find Czar's former best friend I'm sure more trouble will begin. 

"We were just in the middle of packing so I didn't start dinner, I'll get on that right away." My mom said as she headed to the kitchen. 

I opened my mouth to say something but my father rose his hand. "She's missed you a lot Zariah, please just let her have this."

I nodded my head and took a deep breathe, it felt weird being home again, to be around my family. Everyone seemed to be so tense and watching what they say around me as if they were scared I was going to explode or something. Josiah was the only one acting normal, me made me go to his room where we played games on his play station for a bit.

He began to rant about how excited he was for his high school graduation, he even said that Czar could cold of he'd like. He was in the midst of talking about some girl he's been seeing when my mother entered the room with a box in her hands.

"I've been meaning to give you this." She said as she handed me the box and sat beside me on the bed.

"What is it?" I asked confused.

"Open it!" She said eagerly.

I removed the lid from the box and inside sat a white dress that was obviously for a baby, beside it was a pink bow and pink socks to match.

"I saved it from when you where a child, it was the first outfit we'd ever put you in. I was thinking that you could use it for your daughter one day." She sniffled.

My heart felt heavy, my mother knew that having kids was always a dream a mine. I knew that I wanted to have a family of my own but with me being married to Czar I don't think that it would ever happen. He doesn't  allow me to get close enough to him to actually form a bond between us, he's too cold and too stand off-ish. 

I blinked back a few tears before closing the box. "Thanks mom but I think you should give this so Josiah he has a better chance at having kids than I do."

She frowned. "Honey, you never know what can happen."

I bit back the urge to say something smart so instead I just smiled and nodded. She soon left out of the room and Josiah and I looked at each other before rolling our eyes in unsion.

"She's been an emotional wreck all week. Yesterday I caught her staring at your baby photos for hours! I had to hide them from her."

"I wonder what her problem is." I said.

"Maybe it's menopause" Josiah said.

We looked at each other before breaking into a fit of laughter. 

"I heard that."

We looked up and it was our father leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed. "it's not nice to make fun of your mother."

Josiah mumbled under his breathe while I held back a laugh.

"Zariah, I was just coming to tell you that Czar is here. It seems urgent." They way that my father looked at me let me know that he was scared. 

I jumped out of the bed and headed towards the front door. When I yanked it open I found Czar on the porch pacing back and forth, and tugging at his hair.

"Czar what's wrong?" I asked confused.

"I called you ten times! Why didn't you answer?" He said.

"I'm sorry, I had my phone on silent mode, We were just getting ready to eat din-"

"My mother's dead." Czar said, his face crumbling.

"What?"

"She's...she's dead." Czar fell to his knees, his whole frame shaking from tears.

This was the first time I'd ever seen him cry, the first time I'd ever seen him allow himself to be vulnerable. Without thinking I quickly walked over to him and took his huge frame into a hug. 

"She's gone...gone."

My heart shattered into a million pieces as I listened to him sob and tried to soothe him.

"Czar what happened?" I asked.

He shook his head before looking up at me with those amazing blue eyes that had know gone red at the rims. 

"It's your fault..." His voice broke

And I felt as if I had been punched in the chest.

*~*

Update, Update, Update! AHhhhh! So, this was my last week of school which mean's I'll be updating a lot more. You guys can expect updates on Mondays, Fridays, and Sundays. I'll most likely update on others days too, I'm trying to be more active on here and now that I'm done school this book can finally began to pick up and we can get to the juicy parts! I can't wait for the next chapter!! I'm debating if I want ti turn this until a series or not but I guess that is for a later discussion. Don't forget to comment, vote, share, and follow. Until next time my lovelies!

Arranged To Be|18+✔️(editing)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara