'2

I was awoken to the sun glaring down on my face, I rolled over to my side and let out an irritated sigh. Realizing that today that the man would come back and take me away to god only knows where. I felt my heart drop at just the idea of it, I still couldn't believe that my father had done this to me I was at a loss for words.

There were three quick taps on the door and right away I knew it was Josiah. I climbed out of bed sleepily and went to go open it.

"Ma said that you need to hurry up, Czar will be here soon." I can hear the hurt behind his voice, he looked sorry for me and that broke me even more.

"I'll be down in just a bit." I whispered before quickly shutting the door, so that he wouldn't see the tears that threaten to fall.

I headed for the bathroom and took a quick shower, making sure to wash my face good so there would be no signs that I had been crying all night. Once I was out the shower I brushed my teeth and styled my hair into a slick low bun before applying a very light layer of make up. Once I was finished that I dressed in light washed jeans and a plane white tank top. I paired it with my white pumps as well. I did one last once over glance in the mirror before heading down the stairs.

I could hear hushed whispers coming from the kitchen and when I walked in they all stopped. Czar stood beside my father but he didn't dare to look at me, my father smiled sadly at me but I ignored it as I walked over to grab a banana off the counter.

"Are you ready to go Zariah?" My mother asked, trying to ease the tension in the room.

"Sure mom." I said sarcastically. "I still need to pack my bags."

"There will be no need for that." Czar suddenly said.

I looked over at him and his eyes locked with mine. I felt chills run up and down my spine as his whole frame screamed power.

"Why not?" I asked.

"You will be getting a whole new wardrobe, there is no need to pack." He stated.

I went to say something but the way he looked at me told me I shouldn't so I bit down on my banana instead. We all stood in the kitchen quietly until Czar finally moved.

"We're leaving." He said.

"But I'm not done my banana." I fake pouted.

He walked over to me and snatched the banana out of my hand before throwing it in the trash. "I don't like to wait, let's go."

I sighed deeply and followed behind him, before exiting out of the door I glanced back at my parents. My father hung his head in shame and my mother bit her lip nervously as she watched me go. I blinked away the tears and turned back to the doors before walking out, there was no turning back now.

~

The car ride was very quiet and I felt out of place. I wanted to ask Czar a few questions but every time I went to talk he would look at me and I would immediately snap my mouth shut. I had to admit that he scared me and I wasn't sure why, maybe because he pulled a gun out at my family dinner just yesterday.

It still didn't hit me that this man was going to be my future husband, of course he was extremely handsome but there was something about him that made me nervous, almost as If he was no good.

And those eyes.

They were so beautiful, yet so emotionless. When I stared at them I felt as if I was staring at a bottomless pit.

"We're almost home." He suddenly said in his thick Russian accent causing me to jump out of fear.

"Where is home exactly?" I asked.