Chapter 7 : Gearing Up

Facing the Cartels was no joke, they were like mosquitoes, killing two and four more will come, they will drive you crazy before they can kill you.

Morris made a shell count of his stock, laying across his bed was an AR-15 assault rifle, two sidearm, a collapsible baton, a folding knife, a bullet proof vest and an AK-47.

He cannot carry the assault rifles around in public, leaving only the Glock to his hip, and a small revolver strapped to his ankle.

The next day he waved in Kendall and the Hylands without alarming the moms, pulling them to a corner with Chloe and Brynn.

"What's she doing here?" Paige narrowed her eyes, not wanting the new girl to share their secrets.

"Listen to me very carefully." Morris began in his low but warning tone, Paige all brighten up again.

Morris told them Brynn's situation and Chloe's supermarket incident, warned them to look out for unusual activities.

"What kind of unusual activities?"

"People or cars that follows you, write down the license plate, take a picture if you can and send it to me. I'll assess whether it is a threat. Don't jump to conclusions. Don't start calling the police. Everything goes through me first. Is that understood?"

Right away his phone rang, it was a picture of a male teenager, the sender was Brooke.

"What's this?"

"This boy has been following me." Brooke said. "Can you get rid of him?"

"For God Sake!" Morris cursed.

"Then can I have my gun back?"

"No!! I'm not going to let a fourteen years old running around with an assault rifle!"

"I'm fifteen!"

To silence the girls of what they did in Moscow, Morris has promised a request from each of the girls. Brooke asked to learn to shoot, a thrill she picked up in the Moscow incident, and JoJo has managed to send her a fully functional Kalashnikov somehow. It was her way of a joke to remind Brooke of Russian superiority. Luckily he discovered it in her studio locker, before Abby did.

"Then how am I supposed to protect myself?"

"Same way you trashed that party! Just don't let your moms find out or they're gonna kill me. And believe me, they don't need a gun to do that!"