Chapter 12 : Destruction

"Burglary? You're telling me this is all a burglary!?" Abby went berserk, pulling her hair looking at what remained of her studio.

"I suggest you calm yourself, Ma'am." Sergeant Kelly said. "Do you have insurance?"

"Screw insurance! This is my LIFE!!" the big woman's voice cracked.

It was never easy to see someone losing their home. Despite how much he disliked Abby, the studio was her whole life, and he was responsible for her lost. Over the many things he has taken from bystanders due to collateral damage, he felt the hardest for her.

"I'm very sorry!" was all he could say.

The parents showed up later and witnessed the aftermath, they felt just as bad, the students were devastated, like they have lost a part of their lives.

Kendall was in tears, but Brooke, Paige, and Chloe showed rage in their eyes, their fists clenching, wanting for revenge.

"We need to do something!" Paige was mad in tears.

"The best thing you can do now is to go home and stay safe." Morris placed a hand on her shoulder, which she shrugged away.

"No!" she said. "I'm not gonna hide like some frightened little girl!"

"She's right." Chloe said. "If they can get to us, they can get to anyone."

"All right." he finally spoke after some thinking. "I need time to plan this. You girls go home. It's your duty to protect your family now."

After putting some senses back into the girls, they all nodded and went home reluctantly.

"What about you? Do you have a place to stay?" Kelly asked, studying the wreckage of the studio.

"I'll stay right here..." he looked back at what remained of a building, the second floor has completely collapsed. "It may involve some climbing, but I'll manage!"

"Come on, you're staying at my place."

"And it will be the next place they burn down!"

"I like to see them try!"