Chapter 9 : Back to School

Kendall walked into school door with her head down, trying to keep a low profile. The highway incident became the hottest news in town, luckily the police couldn't trace back to them, yet.

"Kendall!" Brad Redford pushed through the corridor of students, girls looks at him with admiring eyes.

"That wasn't me! I didn't do any of that! You've got the wrong person!" she babbled away, wanting to hide her embarrassment.

She made her way towards the girls' restroom, like she did in all her tactical maneuverings, but she was short and Brad was a grown teenager, he caught up and took her arm.

Her defense mechanism kicked in, locked his wrist and spun low, throwing Brad off balance and landed on his back.

"Ouch!" Brad cried holding his head.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" Kendall panicked, looking around to check if she was seen, then went down one knee to help him up. "I'm so so sorry! Please don't tell anyone!"

"Kendall!" Brad got to his feet, he was in his senior year and she stood only to his chest.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Kendall hurried dusting his clothes. She has pictured a hundred scenarios how she would face Brad at their first conversation, this was the last she expected.

"Kendall, I want to talk to you..." Brad still rubbing his head. "Where did you learn to drive like that?"

"I don't know... err... from Grand Thief Vehicle?" she said before thinking.

"Do you mean Grand Thief Auto?"

"Yes! Yes! Were you alright? Was your car alright? I saw your car went off the road! I'm so so sorry!!" she was going to cry.

"It went off the road, that's all. Thanks to your friends there weren't any bullet holes on it."

"It's got bullet holes? Oh my God! I'll pay for the damage! I swear!" she was so panicky she hardly heard a word he said, all that went though her mind was: OH MY GOD BRAD REDFORD IS TALKING TO ME!!! OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!!

Finally Brad grabbed her arms and shook her awake.

"Kendall! The car was fine. I am fine. I just wanna say that was some brilliant driving, that you should show me sometime."

It was the last response she was expecting.

"Sometime? You mean like... you want to see me drive?" she collected herself.

"Yes, I would love to see you drive!"

I would love to see you... were all she heard, and then she fainted.