Chapter 18 : Way Points

Kelly Hyland got dragged three flights of stairs by her daughter, she has just survived a gun to her head, and suddenly her daughter turned Rambo, gunning down the man threaten to kill her. She was breathless and confused.

Brooke opened locker 304, there was a MP5 submachine gun and a shotgun, two sidearm, spare clips, four grenades and two tactical vests.

"Sweeeet!!!" Brooke praised.

Morris reached the other side of the building with Kendall, opened locker 348 and found the same contents.

"You kept all these in a school full of kids?" Morris asked.

"No, I wasn't aware of this." Kendall shook her head.

"Just in case things get escalated." Garrison answered from the radio.

"Oh..." Kendall realized he wasn't talking to her.

"What if some kids found it?" Morris began gearing up.

"Then they will have the best Christmas present ever!" Garrison said, running towards the school building.

Chloe took her mother into the lobby, with Paige taking Brynn in front, heading out to the main entrance, but they were greeted by gun fire.

"Nice to see you again, little lady!" the gunman at the entrance yelled.

"This way!" Paige and Brynn dodged across the open space, but Chloe was too slow dragging her mother, blocked by rapid gunfire coming from the entrance.

"Stay here!" she told her mother.

Chloe grabbed a fire extinguisher, pulled away the safety pin and squeezed the handle, releasing a jet of white fog. She removed her ALDC jacket and tied the sleeves around the handle, keeping the jet running and threw it into the open.

The lobby soon built up a thick smoke screen, the gunman lost his target, shooting randomly into the cloud. Hearing no response, he took careful steps into the white mist.

A sudden kick between his legs brought him to lean forward, lowering his throat to Chloe's knife hand, chopping directly into his Adam's apple. She knocked the gun off his hand, kicking it far into the mist.

"Go!" she instructed her mother, shifted behind the man and stomped his knee from behind, then leap herself in the air, putting her entire weight to her elbow, striking the back of the man's neck, sending his face to the marble floor.

She looked back, Christi wasn't moving, too stunned by what she just saw. Chloe grabbed her hand and headed down the east wing with Paige and Brynn.

A second man found his team member on the floor, when after the target and fired.

"This way!" Paige led them into a door, closing it behind them.

The second man caught up and kicked the door open, there he saw his targets, three little girl and a woman trapped in a roomful of cleaning utilities. It was the last thing he saw before two girls in scuba masks threw a jar into a big bucket at his feet.

Beyond the police barricade, people saw what looked like a tsunami of blue foam exploded at the ground floor, so powerful it flushed a man through the window and flooded half the school field.

With their scuba mask, Paige and Chloe broke out of the thick blue foam. The still rising elephant toothpaste filled up the entire west wing passage, the girls head for the nearest stairway.

Halfway up the second flood, they came head to head with two guards coming down. Paige immediately raised her hand, pressing into the man's abdomen, her open palm activated the ultrasonic bracelet, sending him to a wall.

Chloe ran up to the second man, swung her fist with full momentum, striking into his kneecap. The man collapsed and bends forward, his face met with Chloe's elbow, sending him back up again. Christi watched in disbelief as her daughter turned in mid air, slamming her back elbow into the man's throat.

The first man recovered from the powerful pulse, reaching for his gun, but not before an arm wrapped around his throat like a snake, ramming his face into a wall, knocking him out cold.

"Well, looks like I saved you again, Chloe." Garrison tipped her hat from the upper level.

"I could have handled it myself." Chloe said.

"Looks like you can." Garrison opened her arms as Brynn jumped into her embrace. "Come on, let's get you girls to safety!"

Christi blinked at the mother whom she just met yesterday, now someone who took down an armed man with a single move, surreal, much like everyone she was seeing.

"Mom. Look at me." she heard her daughter said. For a moment she saw those angle eyes she has been looking at since Chloe was a baby.

"Everything is going to be all right." she heard her baby said to her. "Let's get you to safety!"