Chapter 11 : Night Siege

Morris was relieved to end another day without chaos. He locked up the place and was heading for a late dinner. He was greeted by the Latino lady and her men again.

"Mr. Morris. We got off on the wrong foot." she began.

"Not so professional of you to take on a group of little kids!" Morris said, his hands in his pockets.

"We get things done." she nodded. "Now where is the girl?"

"I still don't know what you're talking about." Morris chuckled.

"Mr. Morris, I think we went through that already!" the woman grew impatient.

A series of gun-cocking from the other side, Morris turned and saw four more men, all armed with handguns and light automatics.

"All right, children. Let's not blow it out of proportion" he raised his hands to a surrender gesture. "If you wanna play with the same toy, you must learn how to share!" he slowly backing out of the line of fire. "I just wanna know..."

His sentence halt as he saw a red dot moving up a man's chest, then a burst of dark mist from his chest. Morris ducked, another men dropped behind him, followed by shattering of the studio window.

"Sniper!" the woman shouted.

Men began firing into the dark open air, Morris ran indoor through the glassless window.

Now they were firing at both directions, some defending from the sniper, others chase after Morris, shooting their way into the studio.

"Hey! Watch where you're shooting!" Morris yelled under fire. "Abby's gonna kill me!"

He ran upstairs, through the observation floor and to the attic, shutting the door behind him. He heard footsteps coming up the second floor, and a puzzling exchange in Spanish.

"Where did he go?"

"I saw him went up here!"

For the first time Morris appreciated Abby's low budge interior. His door was a wall of photos, now acting as a camouflage to the intruders. It bought him time to arm his gears.

Soon the Colombians began knocking on walls, checking for possible hidden doors. Suddenly, a series of bullets punctured the walls, and the one of their members.

"Say hello to my little friend!" Morris kicked his door down and fired at the second intruder, chewing holes through his heavy body.

Someone shouted at the end of the stairs, and then something was thrown into his direction, a metal cylinder landed a foot away from Morris.

He froze for a split of a second, and then fired towards the observation window, shattering it and jumping through, landed on the studio floor below and took cover. Above him a loud explosion set off, sending debris into all directions.

No time to assess the damages, he ran out of the studio and fired at men guarding at the bottom of the stairs.

Unfamiliar with the floor plan, the Latino lady wasn't expecting an attack from a new direction, she got shot before she had time to react. The remaining team members were forced to retreat under fire, but they were gunned down by the sniper as soon as they went outside. One of them had a pulled grenade rolled out of his dead hand. Morris jumped for cover, grabbed a mattress that was leaning against the wall, blocking himself from the explosion.

Sirens came from a distance, the night sky was glowing in red and blue lights. He looked down at the dead lady, and the damage of the studio.

"Abby's gonna kill me!" Morris cursed again.