Chapter 21 : Regroup

"Marco." Brooke called on the second floor of the east wing.

"Polo." Paige answered to her big sister. "Mom!"

Paige ran up to hug her family, at the same time Morris and Kendall came down from the top floor.

"We need a place to hide." Morris said.

He chose a remote classroom deep down the corridor, Paige pulled out her hair clip and unfolded an odd shape metal stripe, slipped it into the keyhole and began picking.

"Paige, what are you doing?" her mother looked at her puzzling, then she heard a click and the doorknob turned. "Where did you learn that?"

Paige looked at Morris, he was shaking his head.

"YouTube." she pushed the door open.

They shut the door behind them, began unloading all the gears for a shell count. Kelly Hyland and Chloe helped setting her mother down, Christi was white as a sheep.

"Christi, are you all right?" Kelly asked.

"What is going on?" Christi asked in confusion.

"The school got took over... somehow."

"I mean, what are you wearing?" she looked at Kelly's tactical vest. "Why are the girls like this?"

"I'll explain later, Mom." Chloe said. "Right now we need to save all the hostages."

"No!" Christi grabbed her daughter. "Those men have guns! You need to get out!"

"But my Mom's down there!" Kendall protested.

"They'll be safe for a while." Morris said. "These guys still need a way out, the hostages are their bargaining chips, they won't hurt them so easy."

Kendall took a look outside the window, there were police vehicles everywhere, behind them were news vans. She looked away and spotted a notice board, then she was drawn to the pictures and activities.

"Kendall, what are you doing?" Paige asked across the room.

"This is Brad's classroom..." she inhaled deeply, as if trying to smell his presence, and then blushed. "I've never been in here before."

"I bet he's happy to see you now!" Paige giggled, placing the grenades on the table in an orderly fashion.

"Why is it that you girls looking far too comfortable at a situation like this?" Kelly noticed, her daughters exchanged looks.

"Action movies." her older daughter shrugged.

"Violent video games." her younger daughter shrugged.

Morris looked out from the square window of the classroom door, there was a line of windows looking down the assembly hall. He quietly made his way out, peeping down with the side of his head.

Down the hall, while all the hostages curled up in fear, Abby was having a staring contest with one of the guards. She was standing with hands at her hips, a posture not to be mess with from those who known her.

"Are you going to let us use the restroom or not?" she stared at the man, not a bit threatened by the submachine gun pointing at her.

"Sit down!" the guard waved his gun, but the fat lady grabbed the barrel in surprise.

"Look! If you're gonna shoot, Shoot! Stop waving it like a sissy! It's annoying!"

Abby let go of the barrel and walked toward the man who has been talking on the phone, passing all guns pointing at her.

"You're the boss?" she walked up to his face and asked.

"What do you want?" Yeros asked annoyingly.

"Same thing you want, not to piss in your pants!"

Working for the Cartels, they found Abby's murderous glare somewhat intimidating.

"I don't know what you guys are planning to do here, but if you have one you would have done it by now." Abby spoke in her coaching tone. "So it looks like we're stuck here for who knows how long. So unless you can get something out of that little brain of yours, stop wondering about and let us use the restroom!"

Yeros has killed many people without blinking an eye, but somehow he felt pressured by the fat woman's yelling. In the end he nodded and ordered his men to send hostages, four at a time to the nearest restroom.

"Wow, Brynn wasn't kidding about her!" Garrison observed from behind.

"You have to give it to Abby." Morris nodded. "She's a bad ass!"

"Maybe Spencer should employ her." Garrison amused.

"She'll eat him alive!"

"Guys, can we focus on how we're gonna get out of here?" Kelly Hyland whispered from the classroom, with her daughters popping out their heads.

"Do you still have your phone with you?" Morris asked, Brooke nodded. "I need you to set it on live stream."

Brooke hit a few buttons fluently, Morris took it and placed it at the corner of the window, capturing as much view of the assembly hall as they could. He retreated back into the classroom and called Sergeant Kelly.

"Morris." she picked it up at once.

"Kelly, I'm sending you live stream from a phone, go to..." he turned to Brooke.

"Brooke Hyland live on Instagram."

"You just couldn't help it, could you?" Morris grunted.

"Have to give my fans what they want!" she smirked.

"I'm on it."Sergeant Kelly said. "How're you doing in there."

Morris gave her the list of names and their location.

"Quite a family picnic! Don't let Garrison takes all the credits!"

"I'll try to leave someone for your department to shoot."

"Someone!" Kelly reminded him. "Not some bodies!"