A Promise

Dylan's POV

I couldn't breath. Why did this happen to the sweetest girl ever? Why did this happen to my angel? What had cause the accident?

" H-how did t-this happen? " I could barely contain my anger enough to speak.

" Sit down before I start. " I did as the doctor said.

" Well, witnesses say that she was about to pull into a parking spot at Josephine's. An intoxicated man was also pulling into the same spot. In order to stop a collision, that could have killed everyone in the cafe, she swerved, causing her to crash into a light pole. " the doctor explained, emotionless.

My body shook and my hands fisted tightly. My angel was in an endless sleep because some DOUCHE was drunk while driving!

" Who. Did. It? " I was getting angrier than I ever have before. I usually am able to stay calm and collected in these situations but something about this was different.

The fact that Rose was hurt had me angrier than a Grizzly bear woken up from its hibernation.

" Dylan, just calm down. Think about Rose. She wouldn't want you to be like this would she? No. She would be mad at you for acting like this. So, calm yourself. " I let out a calming breath. My mother was right. Rose wouldn't want me to be like this.

" Okay. I'm calm now. How long will she be like this, Doc.? " I had to know.

" It's uncertain. The earliest it would be is a month. She would have to be in the best of conditions regarding both her mental and physical state. "

" Mental state? Are you saying that my girlfriend is unstable mentally? "

" No! Of course not. However, the collision with the light pole caused her to hit her head against the steering wheel. This, in turn, also caused the air bag to activate, forcing her head to snap back against the headrest. "

" What's wrong with her 'mental state?' " I was getting frustrated with his 'beat around the bush' talk.

" To tell you the truth Mr. Cities, she may wake up not knowing you, or anyone. She may not even know who she is. The damage to her head was almost severe enough to kill her. Luckily, she was brought in when she was or else she could have died. "

I was stunned into silence. The one person, not related by blood, that actually cared for me almost died. I didn't protect her like I should've.

" I'll leave you alone now. If you need anything, press that red button or just call for me. " The doctor then left the still silent room.

" What do you have to say about this, Dylan? " I looked at my mom and then my dad.

" I am disappointed in myself for not protecting her like I should've. I can't ever fix this but instead, I will sit here, day and night, until she opens her pretty brown eyes. When she does, I promise to pamper her and treat like the angel she is. "

"Son, I don't think that's very health-"

" I don't care. If she has to sit here like this, then so should I. She did nothing but care for others and looked what happened. This is all because I wasn't there to protect her. "

I knew they could tell I wasn't going to change my mind from my 'no nonsense' tone.

" Whatever you say, dear. Just know, you aren't at fault here. When Rose wakes up, she'll tell you herself. " My mom kissed my forehead and walked out of the room.

" Don't put yourself down. You had no control over what happened. " My dad clapped me on the back as he also left the room.

I looked towards my angel. Her chest moved up and down slowly, in sync with her breaths. I grabbed her pale, fragile hand in mine.

" I promise you, Angel. I will be here when you wake up, no matter what. "

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Sorry I haven't been updating. I've been away on vacation. To make it up to the few readers this story has, I will be updating another part TONIGHT.