Closer

It had been a month since I met Dylan and a few weeks since I realized I love him. I hadn't told him yet because I didn't want to scare him off. We didn't really talk about the incident at Thanksgiving after it happened. I wanted to but I didn't think Dylan would want to so I never brought it up. 

The past few weeks had been extremely fun though. Dylan and I hung out almost everyday. We would have dinner together at one of our houses-we'd switch off every night-and then watch a movie. I always love going to his house because his parents are so nice. Mrs. Cities always makes sure that I am comfortable and that I like dinner. I always tell her that dinner was great and then I help her clean up afterwards. We'd gotten closer over the past few weeks and she is now like my second mother. 

Mr. Cities is great too. He always asks me how I'm doing and we watch football together on Sunday's. Dylan always makes jokes about how much his parents like me. He likes to say that I have essentially replaced him and that his parents love me more than they love him. Of course I deny it every time because it's not possible for anyone to not love Dylan. He's Dylan after all.

That night was almost a normal night, except for one small detail... Dylan and I were going out for dinner this time. I was nervous, anxious, and excited all at once. Maybe was because I would get to see Dylan or maybe it was because this was the first time that Dylan has asked me out on a proper date. Either way, the butterflies in my stomach were raging more than ever.

It was chilly out so I was wearing a sweater, blue skinny jeans, and cute Toms. (pic on the side) I was sitting patiently on the couch, waiting for Dylan to arrive, while I thought of all the things that could happen tonight. I was jolted out of my thoughts due to Blue Eyes barking at the front door. I hurried to the door, gave myself one look over in the mirror and opened the door to reveal Dylan.

"Hey. You look great." I smiled at his compliment and nodded at him.

"You look good too." He smiled easily at me and shook his head.

"I only get a 'good' when I said you look great? I see how it is." We both laughed at his playful banter.

"Anyways, you ready to go?" He suddenly looked nervous but I could tell he was trying to hide it. I acted like I didn't notice though.

"Yeah. Let me just lock the door and we can go." 

He led me to the car after I locked the front door. He opened my door for me and gave me a charming smile.

"After you, malady." He teasingly bowed at the end. I laughed and played along.

"Why thank you, my good sir." I curtsied and then got into the car. He shut the door and climbed into the driver's seat before starting the car up.

"Off we go." And as he said, off we went.