Realizing

Dylan's POV

I can't believe that I actually got my first kiss today. I know I sound all feminine or whatever but it can be a big deal for guys too you know. If someone had come up to me a year ago and said that I would get kissed by a beautiful girl, I would have laughed and walked away.

I walked through the front door only to have my mom pounce on me with questions.

" So did you ask her? " I was confused. Ask her what?

" Errr, ask who, what? " She huffed out of frustration. She muttered something about men being dense.

" Did you ask Rosie dear, to be your girlfriend? "

" No, what if she doesn't want to date me and says no? What if she has a boyfriend already? What if I'm not good enough for her and she laughs in my face? What if-"

" Dylan! First of all, she wouldn't have acted like she did today if she didn't like you. Second, she doesn't seem to have a boyfriend from what I learned today. Third, I should slap you for even saying that about yourself. You are a smart and handsome young man. She won't laugh in your face, trust me. "

" Okay, but I need to know if she likes me first. I mean even though she kissed me, it could have only been a friendly peck right? Or she might just feel bad for me. "

" SHE KISSED YOU? JACK, OUR SON GOT HIS FIRST KISS! " He ran in like my mom just said there was a fire. I hid my face in my hands and shook my head.

" By who Melody? I need to talk to this girl. " I groaned. Isn't it supposed to be the girl's father who talks to the guy?

" Who else Jack? Rosemary of course!" Yeah, it's not like I have any other lady friends, or any friends at that.

" Oh, then you have my approval and full support, but I still need to talk to her. "

" Dad! No. You'll scare her away before I even get a chance with her. " I warned, but he just shook his head.

" Anyways, we need to come up with a way for you to ask her out and to be your girlfriend. " My mom is a romantic at heart.

" Okay, Dylan what are some of her likes? " My dad asked.

" Her favorite color is blue, favorite flowers are roses, doesn't like milk chocolate or dark chocolate but loves white chocolate, loves the beach, favorite food is Mac-Cheese, favorite style of food is soul food, favorite singer is Ed Sheeran, favorite song is You Need Me I Don't Need You, and her favorite band is One Direction. "

" Isn't One Direction the band your cousin Louis is in? " Yeah, my mom is from The U.K. but moved here when she met my dad on a business trip she took to America. Her accent shows through from time to time but it is hardly noticeable.

" Yeah it is. "

" I'll call him and see if he can make time for him and the band to come here. " She said enthusiastically.

" Okay, but he is probably too busy. Anyways, I have a plan, but I need your help mom." She nodded her head vigorously and I told her my plan. She happily agreed and left to set my plan into motion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was watching Adventure Time with Blue Eyes on my lap when I heard a knock on my door. I opened it to see Mel.

" Hello Rosie. May I come in? "

" Of course. " I stepped aside to let her enter. The door shut and I turned off the T.V. in the living room. We both sat down, only on opposite couches.

" Would you like something to drink? "

" No thank you, Dear. I won't be here for long. I must ask you a question however. " I looked at her curiously.

" Do you remember how I told you why we moved here? " I nodded my head.

" Well, because of that experience he is very . . . . insecure. So I came over here to make sure I am correct. Do you have feelings for Dylan? " I smiled and answered without hesitation.

" Yes. I do. Dylan is amazing and fun to be around. I have never been happier than when I'm with Dylan. " My thoughts drifted towards Dylan. His electric blue eyes and dirty blonde hair. His gentle manner and soft voice.

" Judging by your expression, you not only like him, you love him. " She smiled with tears in her eyes. She stood up and hugged me.

" Thank you. Thanks so much. He has changed for the better, even if it's only been a few days, and it is all because of you. " She whispered into my shoulder. She stepped back and gave me a blissful smile before walking out my front door.

Shock and realization hit me as I went over her words. I am in love. I'm in love with Dylan.