𝖛𝖎𝖎. and the madness returned

chapter seven

chapter seven.
( and the madness returned )

              RETURNING TO HOGWARTS, was a huge relief for Ascella Lyra Black

RETURNING TO HOGWARTS, was a huge relief for Ascella Lyra Black. The mere sight of the crimson red train, grey smoke billowing from it, pulled a sigh of solace from her. She turned to Seraphina, whose eyes were stained with unshed tears.

"Mum," whined Ascella, "you don't have to cry every time I leave for school."

"I know, I know," sniffled Seraphina, dabbing lightly at her amber eyes, glistening tears threatening to fall. "It's just sad, that's all!"

"But I'll be back soon!" said Ascella eagerly. "And I'll send you letters. I promise."

"Once a week?" asked Seraphina.

"Once a week," confirmed Ascella, nodding her head sharply. Before she burst into a fresh set of tears, Seraphina wrapped Ascella into tight hug, her face pressed into the crown of her daughter's head.

"Don't be getting into any trouble," said Seraphina, her hands cupping Ascella's face softly, her teary irises staring into Ascella's stormy grey ones. "I can't be dealing with any more letters from Minerva about your shenanigans."

"No promises," joked Ascella, a roguish smile on her porcelain features. Two plaits were braided at the side of her head, leading down to an intricate bun at the nape of her neck, courtesy of Seraphina. Stray, violet curls framed her face, and her fingers fiddled with the loose strings of her knitted, black jumper. Seraphina planted a kiss on Ascella's forehead, engulfing her in one more warm hug, before pulling back reluctantly.

"Okay," Seraphina composed herself, wiping her cheeks. "I love you, so very much, chérie. I'll see you in summer."