Chapter 11: Its my Job

I heard beeping from a monitor to the left of me. I assume I'm in hospital, I hear talking all around me but cant figure out what they're saying. I slowly open my eyes, not being able to see initially, my eyes adjusting to the light. I look and notice there are backs to me. I recognise Billies blonde hair which is up in a bun, I also see Fin and Maggie who was sat down, her leg in a cast. I shuffle in the bed, which causes Billies head to turn at me and her eyes fill with relief.

"Rae.." she whispers and walks over to me, holding my hand.

"Hey Pirate" I smile at her and she rolls her eyes whilst laughing slightly. "Is your mum okay?" I ask as I remembered the events that took place...however many days ago.

"She broke her leg but that's it, thanks to you" Billie looks down at me and moves some of my hair behind my ear.

"Thank you so much Raven, you saved my life" I hear Maggie saying as she walked closer to me.

I shook my head "you don't have to thank me Maggie. I made a promise to keep you all safe no mater what" I smiled at her and she leaned down, kissing my head whispering 'thank you' against it.

"You're one badass Raven" Fin chuckled as he smiled at me.

"Oh I know" I joked and he laughed. He helped Maggie out the room, leaving just Billie and I inside. I looked over to her and saw she was staring at me.

"You okay Eilish?" I asked and she shook her head. "What's wrong?" I furrowed my brows, scanning her body for injuries.

"I'm not hurt..." she giggled when she saw me looking her over "I'm just so grateful for you" she said with a cracked voice, a tear rolling down her cheek. I brought our hands, which were intertwined, to my lips and kissed the back of her hand. "I would do anything for you Billie" I coughed and let go of her hand "because its my job" I avoided her eye contact.

"How long have I been here?" I asked and looked back at her.

"Five days, they kept you sleeping because of the injuries you have" she explained and I looked down, not seeing my arms or legs in casts.

"You have broken 4 ribs, two on each side. You also sustained hella cuts to your side but other than that you're okay" she laughed a bit "they were surprised you didn't sustain a lot more". I looked around and processed the information, sitting up slightly but felt a sharp pain from my chest. I winced slightly and laughed at myself.

"Such a baby" I continued to laugh and looked around the room. 

"Where is Emma?" I questioned and looked back at Billie.

"She is back at the safe house, she has been there since you cant be but I'm not even sure where the house is" she chuckled and I looked at her confused.

"Are we in LA? And how haven't you seen the house?" I asked and she looked at her feet.

"Yeah we are in LA, you were flown over a few days ago. I.. I haven't left your side since the incident" she looked back to me and my heart fluttered.

"You've stayed with me the whole time?" I asked and she nodded, biting her lip whilst playing with her rings. I leant up, putting my hand on her cheek making her look at me. There was a moment of stillness but then I pulled her face down and connected our lips. The pain in my chest got worse but I needed her right now. Our lips moved together like they were made for one another. She sighed into the kiss and put her hand on the back of my head, scratching slightly. My stomach did backflips with butterflies as she bit my lower lip and pulled away. After a while of talking I told Billie to call Emma to pick her up so she can get some rest. About 30 minutes later Emma walked into the room with a smile.

"Hey Rae" she smiled and came over to my side, the opposite side to Billie.

"Hey Emma" I smiled and she leant down to hug me, meaning I had to let go of Billies hand. As I was hugging Emma I looked to Billie who was glaring at Emma, if looks could kill, Emma would be 6 feet under. Once I pulled away I sat back and they both grabbed my hand that was on their side. They looked at each other and I looked between them. Billie sighed.

"Ill see you soon" she said and smiled to me, glaring at Emma, then leaving.

"What's her problem with me?" Emma laughed and I shrugged.

"Dumb ass question, but how are you?" She asked and laughed.

"Um, I think I'm okay, it doesn't hurt as much but I'm sure that just the pain killers" I smiled and looked at our hands. Billies hand felt so natural in mine, Emma's just didn't seem to fit right. After a while of talking, she left and took Billie home. Emma said all my stuff was at home and she would bring it back tomorrow. A doctor came into the room and advised that he would like to keep me in for one more day but I could leave if I wanted to. So I decided to leave, I signed all the paperwork and hailed a taxi. I knew where the safe house was because I'm good at remembering information. I had a small bag with me which just had my pain killers and bandages for my side which I haven't looked at yet, I avoided it when changing out of my hospital gown. I told the driver to stop a few streets away so he didn't know where I was going. I limped to the house but I wasn't in as much pain as it probably looked. The house was huge well its not even just one house, it's a massive plot of land with three separate houses on it. All close together but separate. Billie had one, Fin and Claudia had another then her parents had their own. It was gated with a code and had security stood at the gates. I walked up the drive and heard the door to one of the houses open, there was one in the middle then the two on the ends facing inwards. I looked up and saw Billie rushing towards me, she is so fucking cute.

"Rae?! What are you doing here?" She asked with shock in her voice.

"Good to see you too Eilish" I chuckled. She pulled my arm over her shoulders, which hurt my ribs but I didn't let her know that.

"I can walk on my own, it looks worse than it is" I said and she just glared up at me.

"Shut your ass up and let me help you for once" she said sternly and led me to her building. We got in and I sat on the sofa, a bit breathless.

"Thank you" I breathed and she smiled sitting next to me.

"It's hella late how come you're here?"  She asked and I shrugged.

"They said I could come home so I did" I said and got comfortable on the corner sofa so my legs were up and my head was on the armrest.

"You have a room in this building, want me to help you to it?" She started to get up but I shook my head.

"Nah ill sleep here" I said already feeling sleepy, closing my eyes. I felt her get comfy on the other end of the sofa. I opened one eye and smirked.

"You're so soft" I whispered and she kicked my leg lightly. I soon fell asleep, happy to be with Billie...I mean like out the hospital....not just with Billie. Who am I kidding? Im falling hard for this little American blonde girl.