Chapter 15: Intruder

(TW gun violence)

It's been about a week since my birthday and I've heard from Emma that they are making really good progress on dismantling the group. Currently I'm sat in the living room watching TV with Fin and Claudia. I heard something coming through my ear piece and turned off the TV. They looked at me confused.

"Go find Billie" I said without moving. They went and got her from the bathroom as she was in the middle of brushing her teeth. I went to the drawer next to the door to get my gun and holster.

"Can a bitch not clean her teeth in peace" my eyes darted to Billie and she looked at me with worry.

"Keep your heads down, I'm gunna move you over to the building with your parents" I said calmly, they all nodded and I opened the door. I scanned the area and decided to make a move, we moved quickly and I go them inside.

"What the fuck is going on?" Billie asked nervously.

"There is a group of people, with weapons outside. Backup is on the way but stay in here." I said and went to leave. Billie grabbed my hand and hugged me.
"Ill be okay baby just stay here" I mumbled and quickly kissed her. I then left and walked down to the two guards at the gate. I looked back and I could see Billie looking through the window.

"There are a lot of them" one of the guys said with his gun in his hand.

"Police are on the way right?" I asked and he nodded. I looked over to the group that were standing on the other side of the street. They weren't really doing anything which made me kinda nervous.

Billies POV

I was watching Raven as she spoke with the security guard. They were so far away I couldn't make out how many people were out there.

"Fuck man why are people so crazy" I said with a sigh and Fin put his arm around my shoulders.

"It'll be okay Bil" he said.

"I'm not sure about that exactly" we spun around and saw a male coming in through the back. I went to run but he brought out a gun. I froze.

"No one makes a fucking sound or ill kill you all" he shouts. None of us moved, we were all frozen in fear.

"What do you want?" I asked quietly and his dark eyes shot to me.

"We want the industry taken down. We have to start towards the bottom of the food chain, which is you" he points the gun at me "so we can get to the more important people." He finishes and smirks.

"Why?" I shake, trying to keep him distracted.

"Because its all fucking corrupt, there is so much shit that happens. We will no longer stand for it. Most of our members have been compromised by authorities, we are basically all that's left. So we had to take some drastic measures." He smirked and came very close to me. I looked to the left of him and saw Raven walk into the house quietly, her face full of anger. The man noticed me looking and sensed the door open so he spun us around, putting me in a choke hold and holding the gun to my head.

"Put down your gun or she fucking dies" He said and I looked at Raven with panic.

"Okay, okay. This doesn't have to get messy okay?" She slowly put the gun down and held her hands in the air. "Now point that gun at me" she beckoned him with her fingers.

"Nah she's the one that will shake the industry if she dies" he laughed and held me tighter.

"I work directly for the top dogs. They won't be impressed if I get myself killed. That will spread your message way quicker than killing some overrated pop star" she said, I knew she was lying because she glanced at me and her eyes softened momentarily. The guy seemed to believe her as he pointed the gun towards Raven now and his grip around my neck loosened slightly.

"Yeah you killing me would be a real, KICK in the BALLS" she looked at me when she said the last part. I understood and in a flash I spun around, kneed him in the balls but when I did a loud ringing sounded in my ear. Everything went in slow motion, Raven pulled me back by my arm and she punch the guy in the jaw. He dropped the gun and fell to the floor. I was trying to work out what he shot but I couldn't. The ringing finally stopped. I looked and Raven was on top of the man, continuously punching him.

"Don't ever think you can fucking touch her" she shouted and seethed. She grabbed his shirt collar, lifting him up and slamming him back down onto the hard floor. "You'll pay, ill make sure you fucking pay" she said. She stood up slightly to roll him over and tie his hands with a zip tie.

"Guys, go into Billies building please, its safe now. Police are here too" she said, not looking up and we all did as she requested.

Ravens POV

Once they all left I picked the guy up and walked him outside. I explained what had happened to the officers and they had found a hole in the gate which was slowly done over time. How didn't I see that on my fucking patrols. I was so mad at myself for allowing this to happen. The guy had actually shot me but thankfully I had put on my bullet proof vest on so it hit my stomach but will only leave a bruise. I finished up the police and got someone to repair the fence, I walked back into the house and went straight for my room where Billie was already. I was still pissed and didn't want her to see me like this.

"Are you okay?" She asked and I nodded, not looking at her. I don't want her to see the anger I hold. I took off my shirt and pulled off the vest, inspecting where the bullet had hit, I then looked down and saw a large bruise. Billie gasped as she looked down at it.

"He fucking shot you" she whispered and her fingers ran along my stomach which sent tingles down me.

"I'm okay" I looked into her eyes and I softened instantly. I let out a deep breath and pulled her in for a hug.

"I'm so sorry Billie" I mumbled and cried a little bit. She shushed me and ran her hands over my back as we continued the hug.

"You saved me...again" she laughed slightly which made me smile. She pulled back and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"I could have prevented it, if I had just paid more attention to the damn fence" I sighed and looked down at my feet. Her hand cupped my chin and she moved my head to look at her.

"You didn't know baby. You saved us, cant you see the good you've done" she smiled. I just stayed quiet, staring and falling into her eyes. I get lost in them but I love it. I leaned down and kissed her, pulling her into me by her waist. Her hands went around my neck and played with my hair. I walked us over to a wall, not breaking the kiss, her back hit it slightly. I picked her up by her thighs, which she then wrapped around me. My hands stayed on her ass as I squeezed it, causing her to moan into my mouth.

"I need you" she mumbled into the kiss. I smirked at her and put her back down.

"Later" I said and smiled when she huffed and walked out the room. I laughed to myself then got a shirt on so I could walk back out.

I explained to them what had happened but also that the group is basically now gone so should hear news on when we can start tour again. My phone started ringing and it was Rob. I excused myself and walked outside.

"Hey Rob" I said but my face dropped when I heard the panic in his voice.

"Rae!? Are you okay?" He asked frantically.

"You know me by now, you know that I'm all good" I laughed and he sighed.

"That's great but actually, I'm calling because I have an update on the inside job" I hummed allowing him to continue "so originally we believed it to be Harry because he is new and the incident with the guy at the hotel led us to believe it was him. We were wrong. It's Mark. We found evidence on his laptop, he also let the guy in but convinced Harry that he did. Mark has admitted to this but he is gone" he explained.

"What do you mean?"I asked and my hands began to shake.

"He wasn't in his cell when we came for more questioning. I believe he is coming for Billie"