Chapter 37: Mistakes

Billie has been kinda distant since we launched the record label, she hardly ever comes to work. I had no idea where she had been going but she was being very secretive.

I'm currently in work, organising meetings with clients and partner businesses. Suddenly the door to the office opens and in walks Billie.

Her hair was kinda messy and her lip slightly swollen and red, I know that look. It broke my heart but that's how she looked after we had intense make out sessions.

"Hey" she smiled and I just nodded at her, returning to my work. "Rae? You okay?" She asks and I shrug.

"I dunno, you've been distant recently and you come in whenever you feel like. It's just not adding up" I say not even looking at her.

She walks closer and my heart sinks when I look to her neck and there is a hickey.

"What the fuck is that?" I say, my eyes not leaving her neck.

"What?" She looked in the mirror and I saw her face go pale. "Oh-um you must have left that baby" she smiles sheepishly.

"I would fucking know if I had left it, that wasn't there when I kissed you goodbye this morning" I start getting angry.

She just stands there, silent and looking for an excuse.

"Who? And fucking why?" My eyes stinging with tears.

"It's...I'm...fuck" she fails to form a sentence and I get up, towering over her.

"Get the fuck out" I seethe at her, I can see she is taken back by the anger I'm showing.

"No, we need to talk" she says and pushes me away slightly.

"You need to fucking get out before I lose my temper" my welsh accent is really thick when I'm angry.

"I made a mistake Ra-" she starts but I interrupt.

"So did I, two years ago when I fucking fell in love with you" I storm out of the office and head downstairs.

"Cancel my meetings for today" I say to Jayden my PA. I speed walk to my car and get in, not allowing tears to fall.

I see Billie come around the corner but I sped off, skidding my tyres as I do. She visually huffs and raises her hands in defeat.

Ive been home for two hours and all I can think about is the amount of times she has been sneaking off. All those times she spent fucking someone and it feels like a red hot steel pipe down my throat. Ive opened a bottle of rum, it seems my broken heart has a way to cope and forgetting seems to be the best way.

I hear a knock at the door and I'm half way through my bottle, so stupidly I decide to open the door. Seeing a red eyed Billie on the other side.

"Oh look, it's the city bike...you offering free rides now?" I slur out and she raises her eyebrows.

"Raven you're drunk, let me come in and we can talk" she says and goes to walk in.

I hold my arm across the door so she couldn't.

"Sorry no cheating fuckers allowed" I shrug and slam the door shut.

A few minutes later I'm sat on the sofa and she walks in, I look at her and roll my eyes.

"We need to talk" she sighs and sits down.

"And you need to fuck off" I smile sarcastically at her. "Oh Raven I love you. I want to go public with you. Oh you're so hot" I mock her. "Fuck outta here Bil" I take another shot.

"Please let me explain myself" she pleads with me but right now Im drunk and angry.

"Right now, I don't want to hear it. I want to get drunk and forget I ever loved such a self centred bitch" I slur and grip the bottle tighter.

"Raven you're acting like a child. Ill stay here and we can talk in the morning" she says and settles down on the sofa.

I just scoff at her and walk to my room, stumbling up the stairs.

"Do what you want...oh wait you have been doing that behind my back" I shout to her.

I end up falling asleep pretty quickly and dreading the morning.