Chapter 29: Get Out

I wake up to the sound of talking outside the room, not really remembering where I am. I open my eyes and see the light hitting the floor from the window and I groan. 

"Good morning to you too" I hear Billie laugh behind me.

I quickly turn around to see her, she looks so beautiful in the morning. Her blonde hair slightly messy and her eyes droopy, I cant help but smile.

"Morning Eilish" I whisper and kiss her cheek. When I pull away she only pulls me back by the collar of my shirt, pushing her lips onto mine. I glide my tongue over her bottom lip, asking for permission which she accepts and we make out. Small moans leave her lips as the kiss heats up quickly. I only pull away so I can catch my breath.

"What does this mean for us?" I ask, looking into her breath taking eyes.

She ponders for a second, thinking intensely about the question. I patiently wait, which I don't mind because it means I get to look at her.

"I'm not sure Rae. I know that I have deep feelings for you and I want you. But it may be too soon to jump in" I look at her with a smile as those words leave her lips.

"I can live with that. Knowing that you want me is the greatest thing, because I've wanted you since the day I met you and nothing has changed" I say and she smiles and blushes slightly. "You're so soft Pirate" I smile.

After a few hours, and avoiding questions from the group about what happened between us last night, we decide to leave. Billie didn't drive here so I'm giving her a ride back to her house. She directs me and we sing along to some music, just like the old days.

I pull up and notice that Matthews car is outside. I reach across and put my hand on her thigh, causing her to look at me.

"Ill go in with you if you want" I say sincerely. She shakes her head which makes me worried.

"Its okay Rae, ill just ask him to leave and explain that things are over. You can go home" she smiles but I can tell she is scared.  I nod at her and she gets out, walking to the front door.

Once she is inside I drive away but park my car further down, I'm not leaving her alone with him when she is about to break up with him.

I get out of my car and speed walk to her house, I stand outside by a window, hiding away in case anyone walks past.

I can hear them and I can see them stood in the living room.

"Sorry Matt, its just not working anymore" she explains and I can see his whole demeanour change.

"What the fuck do you mean?" His voice slightly raised.

"We are over. Please leave" she says, I can hear the fear shaking through her words. He walks towards her, causing her to stumble back slightly.

"You are not going anywhere and neither am I. You are mine bitch" he seethes at her. "Ill fucking kill you if you break up with me" his body language signalling that this will get violent. 

I rush to the front door and open it, causing them to look at me.

"You wont lay a fucking hand on her" I stare him down as if he were a mere child. "Get out"

"I don't have to listen to you, fuck outta here" he says as he comes up to me, trying to intimidate me.

"You think I'm scared of you, get out" I say with a calm expression. I look down at him, my fists clenched.

"You should be scared of me" he smiles in the most evil way. "I can make you disappear, no one will ever know what happened" he whispers.

"Do it then, you try anything and ill fucking make you suffer" I say back and study his face as he reacts to the way I was so calm.

He finally gives up and leaves, slamming the door behind him. I sigh when I look at Billie who was frozen in fear.

"Come on, you're not staying here tonight" I say as I reach out my hand which she takes in her own.

We walk outside to my car and drive around for a bit, just talking and trying to work out what to do.

"Bil, I wont let him hurt you" I say and put my hand on her thigh as I drive.

"I know, but I don't want you getting hurt either" she smiles sadly and puts her hand over mine. 

The next few days Billie stays at my place, we stay in separate rooms but I have to go in every now and then to wake her up from a night terror. It's so sad seeing her hurt this way. Today is the first day I'm back in work so I say goodbye to Billie and leave. She is completely safe, the security guards for the building are top notch, not as good as me but they will do.

I get to the office and smile at Chelsea, weirdly she doesn't smile back but I assume that's because I haven't been responding to her request to come over to mine recently. I walk upstairs and have a few meetings with some boring people.

After a few hours its late and time to go home, everyone else in the building has left and I'm the last one which happens all the time. I walk out to the corridor but hear a noise coming from an office, I look around confused. Listen I know in these situations a girl will likely get killed but I'm prepared, I have had many years of self defence and other shit.

I walk towards the noise and open the door, opening it quickly my eyes fall on a window that was left open, the blinds were rattling because of the wind. I roll my eyes and walk over to it, closing it.

Before I can turn around I hear footsteps and feel a massive pain in my head. Everything fades to darkness.