Chapter 19: Boss

I woke up to an empty bed and kinda forgot where I was for a moment. I then felt an arm around my waist and smelt the familiar vanilla scent. I rolled over and my eyes met her beautiful blue ones. I took a moment to fully look at her and we stayed quiet for a few moments.

"Morning beautiful" I mumbled and smiled at her.

"Morning cutie" she smiled back and the pet name made me blush slightly. I pulled her into me and we stayed there for about 10 minutes. I sighed when my phone started to ring, I turned around and picked it up.

"Hello?" I said whilst Billie nuzzled into my neck and I stroked her hair.

"Morning Raven, just reminding you that you have a meeting in 30 minutes. So I'm hoping you've left because it takes about 30 minutes to get there" Lucinda said down the phone and my eyes widened. I completely forgot about todays meeting.

"Yeah...yeah I'm just in the taxi now" I sat up quickly and was getting changed whilst holding the phone to my ear with my shoulder. Billie giggled at me and I glared at her before poking my tongue out. "Shouldn't be too long....oh shit there has been an accident. I might be slightly late. Could you ring ahead and let them know...thanks" I didn't give her a chance to say anything before I hung up. I moved quickly around the room mumbling the odd 'fuck' or 'shit' as I got myself ready.

"I have nothing to do today and you have a meeting" Billie sat up and huffed. I crawled onto the bed and kissed her after every word. "Don't. Leave. Ill. Make. It. Up. To. You" I smiled and gave her a long kiss.

"I love you byyyeeee" I shouted as I walked out the room. As I was walking out the lift I was met by a guy with coloured hair, he was roughly the same height as me and was about the same age. He was oddly familiar and got into the lift but I shrugged it off and ran out the building.

I made it to the office and I was only 5 minutes late.  Didn't realise you could tip some drivers and they would bend a few road laws to get you placed quicker. I walked into the office and saw Emma, we smiled at each other and hugged.

"Hey boss" she teased and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't make me regret having you on my team" I laughed and she saluted.

I started the meeting and in the room was quite a few people. Some who looked sketchy but that may or may not be useful. I read through their files once I'd finished introducing myself. I finally settled on three people. Emma (obviously), Daniel and Noah. Daniel was from here, specifically New York. He was taller than me and was very muscular so he was going to be very useful in that aspect. Daniel had some tattoos and was a brunette with some facial hair, with grey eyes. Noah was shorter than me but taller than Emma, he was very intelligent and fast. He was more lean and had blonde hair. The rest of the people left, leaving me and the team.

"So we are the fantastic four?" Emma laughed and I chuckled at the stupid joke.

"Just want to let you guys know that I work on a strike system. Three strikes and you're out, you refer to me as Raven or boss or whatever just not any nicknames. I also need you to sign some separate NDA forms for Billies company. This includes the fact that Billie and I are...together" I said and they nodded at me. "It will not cloud my judgement, I've been in this field too long for that shit. As long as I can trust you, you'll have nothing to worry about" I finished and they all nodded.I handed them out some gear that was connected with mine. Ear pieces and separate walkie-talkies. We chatted for a bit then I told them to be at the hotel later to escort everyone out.

Although the terrorist group was dismantled, it was better to be safe than sorry. They were mainly here to deal with Billies fans and family. Whilst my focus was on her.