Chapter five

Xiao POV

"Yourself"

What Venti said kept replaying in my head. After Processing what He said i immediately let go off
his arm. Did he actually care? I had only just meet this guy. I am very aware of my surroundings. This is a cruel world. Im not being pessimistic, this is just reality. Building up trust takes a long time but breaking that trust can be done in seconds. It'll take forever to rebuild that trust. I've seen how people work. I've seen it at its best and worst. I don't want to fall victim of putting so much trust in someone like a friend. They may say "I'll never leave you" but words are easily broken.

Venti wanted to help. But was I really going to let him? I never trust my gut. I base decisions off of experience. But for some reason i want to let him in my life. I want help but is it really going to be worth it? I've heard people say "I'll help you" or "You're going to get through this" but they always give up on me and leave. But he seemed different.

" I . . ." I stopped midway. I didn't know what to do. Should I really trust him and let him in? "It's okay" Venti started "Take time to trust me. But I won't let you go. I know we just meet but still" He walked up to me and looked at me. He then grabbed my cheeks and started to squeeze them. "S-Stop it" i said with a flushed face. "CMON DONT BE A BITCH. ITS OKAY!" He said, smiling warmly. Suddenly Zhongli walked up to us "Hey guys classes are about to start again. Better get your things." Zhongli said. Venti finally let go of my cheeks and turned to look at Zhongli " Okay grandpa" Venti said while crossing his arms. "I'm going to go now." I said, before walking off to class. " Hey Xiao!" I heard Venti yell. I didn't want to ignore him cause he would just yell even more.

I turned around and grunted signaling him to say what he had to say. " See you later!" He said while waving and giving me a big smile. I nodded and walked away. Venti knew that I didn't want to trust people so he gave me time. Is that good enough? Then again its actions that speak louder than words. I chuckled to myself. I really was considering to let someone in my life huh? It'll be the first in a very long time.

Venti POV

After i waved Xiao goodbye i turned to Zhongli. " It's going to take time for him to trust you" He said. " Hehe if i have to wait a lifetime i will" I said while giving him a smile. He then said that he had to go back to class so i went back to look for Lumine since we had the same afternoon classes. I went back to my locker when Bennet and Razor came up to me. "Are you guys doing good?" Bennet asked while taking a bite of his chicken nuggets. " Oh im good. How about you Razor?" I asked. Razor was older than us but just started going to school. " Good. Bennet helps a lot" Razor said before taking a bite of his Chicken nugget. Lumine then came up to me. "Hey guys!" She said wrapping her arms around us. We all greeted her. Then Lumine got all serious. She had this deadly stare. She put a hand on my shoulder " Who was that boy you were talking to Venti" she asked.

I didn't understand why she was all serious but I didn't want to mess with her. "I. . . Uhh. That was Xiao" I said. I was scared of Lumine when she was mad or serious. Who knows what the girl can do. She then looked up at me and our eyes locked. But her eyes were full of mischief. " VENTI HAS A BOYFRIEND" she said while jumping up and down. I immediately got flustered and embarrassed."S-Stop Lumine. He's just a-" I paused. What was he to me? I wanted to be friends but it was going to be a one sided friendship. I just had to be patient for Xiao to trust me. I really want to help him. Lucky for me Aether came up to us with Diluc. "Hey guys how are yo-" He paused and stared at Lumine jumping around like a idiot. "Uhh Lumine what the hell is up with you?" Aether asked very confused. Lumine was still jumping and spinning around when she said " Oh~ Venti has a-" She finally turned around and realized that Diluc was there. She immediately stopped spinning and jumping around like a maniac. "I- Uhh. H-hey Diluc" She said while fixing her hair. " Uh hey" He said.

Aether then started laughing and we all joined in. " Guys not funny " Lumine said while crossing her arms which only made us laugh more. " Hehe, what are you doing here Diluc?" I asked trying to calm down. "I was just going to walk Aether to class" Diluc said while crossing his arms. "Well we better get going before we're late!" Bennet said. We all agreed and went to class.

(damn writing about school is so boring)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was waiting for the bus with the twins. Razor and Bennet went to go eat some where , but we already had plans. We were all going to go to my house and just hang out. I didn't really care about school so I invited them over. I then remembered that Lumine had eaten with Ganyu she seemed timid so I wanted to see how it went. "Hey Lumine, how was lunch with Ganyu?" I asked before going to play with Aethers hair. She thought for a moment then said "She's really sweet and caring. One of her relatives go to school here" It seemed reasonable that Ganyu was sweet. She gave off a timid and sweet aura. Her relative must be sweet like her. "So is she your friend now?" Aether asked "Yeah we exchanged phone numbers!" Lumine said excitingly. I was glad Lumine made a new friend. It was nice to see my friend meeting new people and befriending them. The bus then came and we all got in.

We all got off and payed the bus driver. Now that I think about it i should get Xiaos number. I want to talk to him outside of class. I took my keys out and unlocked the door. "Finally home" Aether said while stretching and yawning. Lumine came over and slapped Aether in the head "Oh shut up." Lumine said making her way to the couch. My parents were always on business trips but they always called on weekends. We all migrated over to my bedroom to just relax. I laid down and took out my phone. I opened up my contacts and decided to text Zhongli for Xiaos number. Lumine then got up and tied her hair in a bun. "Hey Do you mind if I use your kitchen?" She asked. "Go ahead" I said before laying on Aether's chest. I asked Zhongli for Xiaos phone number and he gave it to me. "Hey Aether?" I asked looking up at him. "Yeah?" "Can you read this number out loud , imma send it to you" I asked while going to my phone and sending him  Xiaos number. He then read out the number and I put it as a new contact. "Who is it?" Aether asked while playing with my hair. "Oh it's this boy Xiao" I replied. Lumine walked in with a plate of potato chips and some cake. " Here you go!" She said as she placed the plate on the bed stand. We both thanked Lumine and started to eat and chat.

"Guys I saw Albedo and Klee today" Lumine said while pausing to take a bite of cake. "When I was coming to the bus" She finished "Aw Klee's so cute" Aether said "She had the cutest red dress on" Lumine said "Hehe she is really cute" I said reaching out for a piece of cake. I then remembered that Aether was with diluc the majority of the day. " Hey what were you doing with Diluc?" I asked. He suddenly became flustered and quickly said "N-Nothing we were just hanging out." Lumine and me then exchanged sly smirks. "C'mon tell us!" We both said while leaning towards Aether. "I-It's nothing G-Guys" he said covering his face. "First Venti gets a boyfriend and now you do!?" Lumine said with a smirk on her face. I then remembered that I had to text Xiao. I opened up my phone and went to the new contact. I looked up to see the twins still bickering. I chuckled then went back to typing. I then hit send and heard the ping that meant it went through.

Xiao

Hey Xiao! This is
                              Venti

So apparently I have depression 😙✌️That's fun Anyways we are finally moving into the plot so Yuh