Chapter seven

Venti POV

A few days pass and currently it was a Thursday. Today was a good day to be out, the birds were out and the flowers were swaying in the air. The calming aroma would make anyone feel warm and safe. Unfortunately we had school today. I was looking out of the window paying no attention to the teacher and his lesson. Currently we were in our last class for the day. After that we can all go home and relax. The cherry trees were a soft pink today. Underneath the tree I noticed a pool of water. There was a pink flower that stood out to me. It was at the very top, all alone on the trunk. It's leaves looked as if it had given up but in a soothing way. Beside that flower was the prettiest of them all. It was just those two pink flowers up there with no one but each other. But for some reason out of nowhere the almost dead flower started to fall. Almost as if it finally gave up and decided to lose its glow and soothing feel.

Slowly it fell to the ground. Swaying and turning in the wind. Until it fell in the puddle of water. How sad was that? Two flowers together with only each other when suddenly one of them gave up. Hearing the bell ring and the scuffling of the class meant that school had come to an end. Standing up to look for the twins i see Xiao getting up to leave. I immediately ran over to see him before he left. The twins wanted to go to a festival in town with some friends on Saturday. So i needed to give Xiao the information of the trip. I wanted to invite him to a cafe to discuss about the festival. When I finally caught up to him I tapped his shoulder "Hey Xiao are you doing something today?" I asked startling Xiao. It took a second for him to collect himself. "No. Why do you ask" Xiao said staring at me angrily for startling him. "Oh I just wanted to go to a cafe with you" I said shyly. Look it was weird asking him to go to a cafe with him all alone. Just the two of us. Alone.

"Why?" Xiao asked crossing his arms. Suddenly i became flustered. "I . . . Well I wanted to talk to you about the festival" I said looking down at the floor. To my surprise Xiao spoke up "Ugh fine." He said walking away. I looked up to see him walking away. Xiao suddenly turned around. His eyes meeting with mine. We were staring at each other and stayed there. Suddenly i snapped out of my trance of admiring him when he spoke up "What are you waiting for?!" He said snapping at me. I quickly understood what he was saying and smiled. Immediately I followed behind him. As we were walking out of the class the twins saw me. They rushed over to see me. "Hey Venti what're you doing?" Aether asked eying Xiao. Lumine somehow noticed that me and Xiao wanted to be alone. She elbowed her twin brother and whispered in his ear. I looked over to see Xiao awkwardly standing there. Aether suddenly spoke up noticing Xiao's state "Oh well see you later Venti" He said before walking away with Lumine. Lumine turned around and winked at me which immediately made me flustered. I looked at Xiao to see him in discomfort. He was uncomfortable with what just happened. Quickly I grabbed hold of his hand. "It's okay lets go to the cafe now!" I said smiling at him. Dragging him away before he could say anything else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We finally reached the little cafe in town. It was nicely decorated with red and pink roses. Suddenly i realized that it looked all romantic. Instant regret surged through out my entire body. We walked in when a lady came over to assist us. As she was leading us to our table my eyes kept scanning the room. Feeling more nervous now that it looked like a place for couples. We passed by tables that had couples sharing food or talking together. Finally we made it to our table. We sat down avoiding eye contact when the lady spoke up "First date jitters huh?" She asked smiling at us warmly. It took a second to realize what she was trying to say. "Oh uh hehe well" I trailed off not knowing what to say. I took a quick glance at Xiao to see him flustered and awkward. The lady laughed and took out her notepad and pencil "What would you like to have today?" She asked tapping her pencil on the note pad. "I'd like a strawberry smoothie please" I said smiling at her. "I uh want a water" Xiao said obviously  embarrassed. "I'll get that out!" She said before jotting down our order, walking away.