chapter nine

Xiao POV

We were currently in the living room drinking our tea. Zhongli had talked to multiple therapist and one agreed. Guizhong was her name. The reviews said that she was a kind-hearted and wise therapist. So we booked a appointment with her next Wednesday. Ganyu was talking about Lumine and Aether. I noticed that Ganyu talked a lot about Lumine. She told me about what happened with Childe which made my hatred towards him grow bigger. So I was thankful that Lumine was there for her. Suddenly I heard a notification, I unlocked my phone to see who it was. It was Venti texting me.

(Venti, 6:32 p.m)
Hey Xiao just wanted to let you know
that the festival was moved to next Friday.

(Xiao, 6:33 p.m)
hmm okay

(Venti, 6:33 p.m)
Well damn it be more sad :(

(Xiao, 6:34 p.m)
why would i be sad?

(Venti, 6:34 p.m)
Cause we're gonna have to wait longer
to go to the festival (๑◕︵◕๑)

(Xiao, 6:35 p.m)
...

(Venti, 6:36 p.m)
You're no fun 😫

(Venti, 6:36 p.m)
Anyways what're you doing?

I looked up to see Ganyu gushing over Lumine and Zhongli intently listening. There was no way I could tell Venti what had just happened. And I wasn't in the mood to see how he would react. Besides I was ashamed of this whole situation even though Ganyu and Zhongli told me that it was okay.

(Xiao, 6:37 p.m)
just hanging out with Ganyu
and Zhongli

(Venti, 6:37 p.m)
You didn't invite me?! (๑◕︵◕๑)

(Xiao, 6:38 p.m)
you're so annoying

(Venti, 6:39 p.m)
I love you too ʕ ಡ ﹏ ಡ ʔ

I rolled my eyes and put my phone back. I should probably tell Ganyu about the change of plans. "Hey Venti said they moved the festival to next Friday" I said putting my tea mug down. Ganyu's face went from excited to disappointed. "Aw I have to wait longer now" Ganyu said pouting slightly. Zhongli patted her on the back "Don't worry I'm sure the week will pass quickly. Besides you can do other things with Lumine" Zhongli said reassuringly. Ganyu nodded her head. "Oh I know a place to go." She said excitingly. I really didn't want to go anywhere right now.

People annoy me and I don't like crowds. Zhongli nodded his head letting Ganyu continue. "So me and Lumine found a cute beach we could go to. Besides fall is almost starting so we need to go to a beach to enjoy the summer!" Ganyu said softly smiling. The beach will be crowded with people so that's a big no from me. "Nope" I said crossing my arms. "Please Xiao. Oh I know Venti will come" Ganyu said. Maybe I should go."Fine but if I don't like it you're gonna immediately bring me back" I said annoyed. "I'll drive you back" Zhongli said looking at me. I grunted in response. Ganyu got up placing her mug down. "Well I gotta go now. I'll see you guys tomorrow" Ganyu said taking her things. Zhongli got up as well "I'll make sure you get back safely" Zhongli said collecting his things as well. Ganyu came up to me and hugged me. She pulled back and waved bye as she walked out the door. "Call me if anything Xiao" Zhongli said smiling softly at me. I nodded my head and waved bye.

When they left the house I closed the door and went upstairs to my room. Suddenly I realized that if we were going to the beach everyone would see my cuts. To be honest I was ashamed of everything that I had done. I would have to hurt many people. Besides I didn't want to be a burden and have everyone look out for me. Why would I ask someone for help when I have myself? They could go on with their lives and be happy. They wouldn't have to struggle with me. I sat down on my bed and stared at the bandages. The reason I didn't seek help was because I would be a burden. It isn't fair for others to suffer because of me, especially people like Ganyu and Zhongli. I just want people to be happy and to not feel my pain. No one should go through all of this but now Ganyu and Zhongli would suffer. They have to be there in my darkest moments.