Alone - John B

Imagine your John B's little sister

Alone. That's how I felt. I felt like the world had just tossed me aside and said screw you. First my parents and now my only sibling. The only person that truly understood me, the only thing that kept me going was gone. Just like everyone else in my life, he was just gone.

I stare emotionlessly at the waves that had carried my brother and his girlfriend away from me just half an hour ago. A single tear escapes me and I brush it away quickly. I don't like showing my emotions, they make me weak, make me seem vulnerable to anyone.

The waves continue to crash against themselves as the wind picks up, it's almost beautiful if they hadn't just killed my brother. It had been such a rush the past couple of days and I hadn't truly slept, I was too high on adrenaline to do so. But now that was gone too. All that was left was this empty feeling that poured into me, draining any last happiness away from me.

I remember the last thing John B had said to me before we had lost his signal from the storm,
"I love you y/n, stay strong, I'll come and find you again soon."
At the time I had told him to shut up because I thought he was talking crazy. How stupid was I, because not even ten seconds later he was pronounced dead to me and the pogues.

I remember the pain that ran through the group, the cries from Kie that shot through everyone around us, as she hugged her parents tightly. Even JJ had someone to hug as Pope and his family embraced him quickly. But little old me was frozen to the spot. No tears to spill, no screams to shout, nothing.

I had just walked away.

The wind continued to wrap around myself as I trudged home that evening, not a soul in sight to see my body struggling to carry me home. Home. That's a funny word don't you think? I don't really have a home, heck I don't even have a family. I never really fitted in with John B's pogues. They always only saw me as his little sister, not Y/n Routledge. They didn't really know me.

So yes. Now I have no brother, no one to turn to and I'm sure as hell the police will want to speak to me. So now I'm on the run from them too. What more could I ask for?

As my legs give way, I stumble to sit against a fallen tree. I'm still about ten minutes away from the house but I can't walk anymore. My hands begin to shake from the cold as I fail to try and find anything to protect me from the cold. But again there's nothing. It seems the world truly has given up on me. It's cast me aside and now it's laughing at me.

Somehow I manage to fall asleep because when I open my eyes again the sun greets me, it beams down on my broken figure as I hold my hand up to my face to shield my eyes. I stay in the same spot for a while just thinking about everything that's happened, the fact now my brother is dead and I've got to move on. I stare at the grass for a moment before deciding, if I'm going to move on, I have to erase him.

I take my broken phone from my pocket, seeing it has a huge crack down the middle of the screen from the countless times I had fallen over during the run from the police with JB. I sigh thinking that my phone has failed me too but luckily it still turns on. The date comes up on my phone and I realise I had been sleeping for at least a day and a half or maybe more, I struggle to remember what day I had lost him. I sigh to myself again. As the dim glow of my phone screen lights up my tired face, I swipe onto the camera to see a person I don't recognise staring back at me.

There's dried blood in my left eyebrow that at one point must have been trickling down the side of my face as I can still see it's path. My eyes have dark circles underneath them, and for some reason my face looks different. You can definitely see my cheekbones a lot more, but that's probably because I haven't had a decent meal in a long time. My stomach rumbles, almost as if I had reminded it that food was necessary to survive.

I swipe away from the camera at that point, not being able to bear looking at myself for another moment. That's when I notice I had one message unopened. My brow furrows as I go to click on it. It pops up on my screen. No. There's no way. How... no.

"Hey sis, you miss me?"

Heyyyy guys thank you for reading this chapter :) this was a request from @Mirelle1002 > I hope you like it
Until next time
S