Pogues? - Rafe Cameron

'Living on Outerbanks isn't as great as it seems on this postcard mom, I feel lonely and I miss you lots. It's just not the same as it was back home. Please come back soon. Love you daughter y/n.'

I stare down at my handwritten postcard knowing I'll never send it, knowing that my mother will never come back to me. They never found her after her ship went down 10 months ago - but until I see a body I'm not giving up.

Deep in my thoughts I don't realise someone coming up behind me until they snatch the postcard from my hands.
"Y/n hate to break it to ya but I don't think your get a response" he laughs as he rips up the postcard chucking it back in my face. Anger boils up inside me as the one person I hate more than anything stares down at my small figure. Rafe cameron.

"Rafe politely fuck off" I spit as I stand up not bothering to pick up the bits of postcard scattered across the ground. He only rolls his eyes at me.

"Someone's getting a little comfortable now aren't they" he sneers as he follows me into the kitchen. I flip him off as he watches me grab my lunch I'd prepared the day before.
"Where are you going?" He questions.

I sigh. Can he just leave me alone already?!?
"Last time I checked Rafe you don't give a shit about me." I push past him desperate to be alone again.
"You better not be hanging around with those Pogues y/n" he calls as he stands in the doorway watching as I turn around to meet his eyes again. My brows furrow as I try to understand him.

"Pogues?" I question. He laughs to himself looking down at the floor before walking towards me again,
"Of course u have no clue what I'm talking about. Your a nobody." He pushes past me walking out the door and out of sight. I stand there in shock, wanting to know more about these "pogues", desperate to find out more. So I do the unthinkable.

"Rafe! Rafe wait" I shout as I follow him outside. Scoffs fall from his lips as he turns around from his dirt bike.
"What do you want y/n? Can't you see I'm a little busy, I mean it's not like you to understand-"
"Who or what are pogues" I cut him off. A smirk falls upon his lips.

"Well why don't you just find out yourself darlin"
"Ugh I hate you." I say as I spin around trudging away from the stuck up boy. I hear him laugh but I chose to ignore it.
"And I hate you too y/n" he teases as I hear his bike start up.

                                  Later

The beach is my only happy place now. So I come here often. Just to stare at the water or read a book, anything just to get away from the Camerons. I hate everything about them. They got everything served to them on a plate, they will never understand the importance of working for what you have. My mother would have hated them too.

The sand is still warm from the afternoon heat as the waves crash against the rocks. A couple of surfers taking the last of the waves for today as I sit and watch. It must feel so amazing to surf, to have the waves completely control the way you go.

I sigh as they all begin to leave the water, their boards under their arms as they walk towards shore. Soon I'll be the only person left on the beach. I pick myself up grabbing my things before making my way off the beach. The surfers are making their way to a VW brown van, all laughing and smiling.  Jealousy runs through me as I stare at them as I walk past.

Suddenly one of them looks up and see me. He smiles at me before making his way over. Shit I'm in trouble now.
"Hey there." He smiles. His brown hair flopped over still damp from the sea. I bit my lip knowing I'm not very good at social interaction.
"Hi" I say quietly. I give him a small smile before looking over his group.

"I haven't seen you around here before, you a tourist?" He questioned as he looks over at his group as well. My hair falls over my eyes as I look back at him,
"Oh erm no I've been here for about eight months." I watch as he studies my face trying to figure out who I am.
"Oh right... well you wanna meet the rest of us?" He doesn't give me a chance to answer as he calls the others to us.

"I really should be going..." I mutter but he doesn't hear me, the other three making their ways towards us. They all smile at me as I smile back.
"Well I'm John B" the brown haired kid says,
"And that's Kiara, JJ and Pope" he says as he points toward them all. He pauses as they all say their hellos to me.

"And we're the Pogues." I gasp, as I hear the words Pogues fall from his lips. Didn't Rafe warn me about these guys? I stand there frozen to the spot as they all continue talking to me. Half of me wants to call Rafe and tell him to pick me up, but the other half is curious... why does Rafe hate them so much???

But the universe answers it for me as Rafe pulls up beside us.
"Y/n ?!? What the hell are you doing? I told you not to hang out with these people" he glares at them all before pulling me onto his bike. I look down in shame as they all look between me and Rafe.

"If yall ever talk or touch her again" he snaps at the group," I'll kill you myself". I gasp as the group all look away from me.
"Rafe stop" I cry as he goes to get off his bike.

"Shut the hell up y/n" he yells as he stand face to face with John B.
"Stay out of our land" he spits before shoving John B back and getting back on the bike starting it up. As he drives off I look back at the Pogues wondering what would of happened if Rafe never showed up.

Hey :) so this is kinda messy I rushed it a bit but I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. And thank you all for 300 reads! Are you kidding that's insane 🥺

S