Surfing - JJ

The sun slowly set along the beach, a pink tinge spread across the sky as I watched the waves crash against the rocks. Distant laughing could be heard from the pogues who were all surfing except me, I never learnt to surf but didn't want to as I'd embarrass myself in front of the boys.

I lay back against the warm sand, the sound of the waves making my eyes grow tired. And just as I begin to relax droplets of water fall against my skin. My eyes flutter open to see a tall blonde boy tower above me. He smiles down at me, clutching a surf board under his arm.
"Watcha doing y/n?" He teases sitting beside me. I sit up looking over at him,

"Well I was relaxing from babysitting your arse all day JJ" I laugh as he frowns over at me, the last of the sun highlighting his cheek bones and damp hair which fell against his face. God he's so beautiful. No shut up y/n he's just your best friend . JJ breaks my thoughts as he scoffs,

"I don't need a babysitter I'm 16-"
"Oh believe me you do" I cut him off giggling as he pouts at me. I turn my head to watch the others still surfing admiring the way they look so effortless across the waves. Envying them just a little. JJ notices my staring and smirks,

"Hey, do you wanna go out and catch some waves?"
"Oh I erm I-" I stutter trying to come up with an excuse. JJ frowns, confused as to why I won't join them. I fiddle with my hands in my lap as the boy continues to stare at me.
"I can't swim" I bite my lip to stop myself giving away that I just told him a lie, hoping he'll take the bait.

"Bullshit. I've seen u swim y/n. I'm not that stupid" he says standing up putting out a hand to help me up. I take it and slowly stand up dusting off the sand from my shorts. I sigh looking up at him as he looks out to sea watching the others. He clenches his jaw as he watches Pope fall off his board from a pretty big wave.
"Your so hot." His head swiftly turns around looking down at me. I tilt my head confused by his sudden actions,

"What?" He questions gripping his surf board as he turns to face me.
"What?" I mimic back.
"You said I was hot." My cheeks blush a deep red as figure out that I didn't say it in my head,
"Shit." I mutter as he smirks at me reaching to hold my hand. He chuckles,
"Don't worry about it B, your not so bad yourself" he says before making his way back into the water. I stand there shocked by what I heard, JJ thinks I'm hot?!?!

"You coming?" He calls, as he sits on his surf board looking back at me. I fiddle my thumbs for a second thinking. "Oh what the heck if I fall I fall." I say to myself before taking off my shorts so that I'm in my bikini.

As I make it out to sea, JJ pulls me up so I'm sitting on his surf board. I watch his eyes slowly look me up and down but I decide not to say anything about it.
"Where's your board y/n?" John B calls out to me as they swim over to us. I blush as JJ wraps his arms loosely around my shoulders so I won't fall off.

I chuckle softly to myself as Kiara smiles at me.
"Funny story actually... I can't surf" I say quietly only loud enough for JJ to hear.
"Hey erm why don't u go catch some more waves guys? I need to talk to y/n" JJ says after me. Reluctantly they all paddle away from us giving us teasing looks.

"You can't surf hey?" He says as I sigh.
"I'm not proud of it okay" I look down at my hands as he rubs small circles on my shoulders.
"There's nothing to be embarrassed about though-"
"Yes there is JJ, you all are incredible surfers and I'd just fall off all the time and make myself look like an-"
He chuckles as I ramble on about me being horrible at it.
"Y/n. How do you know your horrible at it if you haven't even given it a go? You think I woke up one day being able to surf. Fuck no. It took me months to get as good as I am now. Look if you want maybe I can teach you." I smile as I somehow turn myself around to look at him.

"Really?" I say smiling at him. He smiles his goofy grin back at me.
"Yeah really."

Well that was cute 🥺 I hope your enjoying my imagines so far and if you have any requests please comment them and I'll try and do them:)

S