Chapter 5

Georgie's POV
Y/N seemed like a nice person, so I let her in.
In the month we lived in the same room, we would talked about a few TV shows we both like and little about our lives before the apocalypse.
We were both quiet, so we spent a lot of time silent just imagining stuff in our heads.
I also found a book at the mall, so we reread that a lot.
Sometimes, we'd read it together and other times we'd each read individually.
I swear, I've memorized the whole thing by now.

It's about a butterfly called Bibi who wants to do something with her life after her parents passed away, so she chooses to fly across the Pacific Ocean.
Defying all laws of physics and biology, she does this via the power of determination or something.

We also chose to name the robot at the mall 'Robby' because we're both bad with names and I felt bad just calling him "the robot."
Also, I'm calling Robby a 'he' from now on. It doesn't feel right to call someone 'it.'

Y/N mainly told me about her job, and her friends Poley, Erika and Doggy.
And I mainly retaught her what I remembered from school.
I didn't have any friends, and talking about my family made me sad, so I didn't have anything else to talk about.
Turns out she really likes F/S (favorite subject).
I'd say I like her, she's one of the cool adults. She even has a different pupil to everyone else.

Y/N's POV
Living with Georgie for a month wasn't so bad.
He's a well-behaved kid, and we both respected each other personal bubbles.
He found a book call "Bibi: The Brave Butterfly" about a butterfly who, against all the laws of logic, flies across the Pacific Ocean.
I swear, she only survived due to plot armor.
How did the writer come up with that make it into a real thing to sell? Beyond me.
It also had a seal that said that book was Bestseller. No, no I don't know how that happened.
Maybe I've just read it too many times.

I mainly told Georgie about Doggy, Poley, Erika and my job. I didn't have anything else to talk about, really.                                                                                                                                                                    Well, there was one thing I could have brought up, but I didn't like doing so.                                        My whole life was: get to work, and then watch YouTube and TV or hang out with your friends. However, I didn't mention to him that I fell in love with Doggy. I guess I didn't want to bring that up.

Georgie mainly told me about his schoolwork.
I'm guessing he felt sad about his family.
I don't blame him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once the month was over, however, we had run out of food and water.
It was go outside and maybe starve or starve for certain.
The plan was for Georgie to stay inside while I went to get food.
If didn't come back within 3 days, he'd go outside to get food on his own.

I dodged Robby, and went outside into the city.
I looked around the place for food, but found nothing. Someone else must have taken whatever food was left here.

Mimi's POV
I looked outside the windows of the Safe Place.
Zee, Zuzy and Giraffy were all sleeping. Pony and Zizzy had gone out to look for survivors.
It was rather quie— wait was there someone outside?
Great, yet another infected 'guarding' our home.
Wait, this new one is running away from them.
I went to my room and grabbed my glasses.
I took Zee's fencing sword from her room. I knew I couldn't use it well, but it was better than going outside unarmed.

I went out to find a survivor!
"Over here!! We have a Safe Place," I shouted as I waved my arm.
She heard me and turned around.
I opened the entrance a little more.
She ran inside.

"Thank you, ma'am," she said as we closed the entrance, "I'm Y/N, what's your name?"
"Mimi," I took a closer look at her. She had an odd pupil, but I brushed it off.
"Pardon me, are you a police officer?" I asked once I noticed her uniform.
"Yes," she answered, "You look a lot like a dispatcher I knew."
"Oh! My sister was a 911 dispatcher," I mentioned, "Does the name Molly Margaret ring any bells?"
"It does! It's nice to meet you," Y/N extended her arm and we shook hands.

"What brought you here?" I opened the door to enter the building itself.
"I was looking for food and water," she explained, "Georgie.. my roommate, or I guess surviving partner is a better word, ran out.."
"Surviving partner?"
"We met in the midst of all this chaos."
"Oh, you two could stay here if you'd like."
"That sounds great! Thank you, I'll go get him."
"Oh, alright. I'll go with you then, make sure neither of you get injured."
She nodded, so we headed to a nearby mall.

Georgie's POV
Knock knock
"Georgie, could you open the door?" I heard Y/N say.
I opened it. She was standing there with a mole.
"Who is she?" I asked.
"My name is Mimi, and my friends and I have a Safe Place," she smiled.
I agreed to go with them, and we went to another building.
I left that terrible book behind.

It looked nice, and to be honest anything is better than that room.
We went up the stairs, and into a cafeteria.

"Hey, girls, I found two survivors—"
"My sword!" A zebra in a light pink dress shouted. She looked kind of cute.
"See, I told you I didn't steal it!" Another zebra shouted. They looked really similar, maybe they were related?
"Oh right, sorry, Zee," Mimi gave her the sword in her hand, "I went outside, and didn't want to go unarmed.."
"Hmph! You should at least ask," she said, holding it in her hand.
"Sorry, you were asleep and I didn't want to wake you up," Mimi apologized.
"Okay then, I forgive you," Zee placed her sword on one of the many tables.

"You got me worried sick," a giraffe hugged Mimi from behind.
"Oh hey," she turned around to see him, "When did you come downstairs?"
"Where were you?" he asked, concerned.
"I noticed Y/N outside, and found her and Georgie," Mimi introduced us to the rest of the group, "Y/N, Georgie, these are Zee, Zuzy and Giraffy. Guys, these are Y/N and Georgie."

Y/N's POV
"Georgie's cute!" Zee innocently giggled.
"Th-Thanks!" Georgie covered his face embarrassed.
I smiled. I felt calm for the first time in weeks.

"Have you eaten yet?" Giraffy asked.
"No," I answered.
"Well, come eat with us then. It's gonna expire soon, so ice cream for breakfast it is!" Giraffy went to grab some ice cream and cones, "Neither of you have any allergies, right?"
"I don't," Georgie said.
"Me neither," I added on.
"Yay! We're getting ice cream!" Zee and Zuzy excitedly exclaimed.

While we were eating Mimi and Giraffy told us there are two more people living here, but they went out to look for survivors.
"I hope they find someone," I said.