Chapter 25

Y/N's POV
Morning came and we all went to get breakfast.
We ate dried fruit salad.
We got to meet Cody's husband; Wilbur Wolf. (no, he's not related to Willow. Wolf is probably a common last name in this universe.)
However, the meal wasn't peaceful.

"Pony, it'd be nice if you lightened up a little," Mimi commented.
"Just let him be," Giraffy sighed.
"Anyways, Poley, Y/N, how'd you meet Erika?" Pony asked.
"She's my police partner," Poley said.
"And Y/N?" Pony inquired.
"I agreed to go Poley's house and he happened to invite her and Doggy too," Erika answered.

"That was directed at Y/N, not at you," Pony was annoyed.
"Well, you got the information you wanted. Isn't that enough?" Erika retorted.
"Maybe don't get involved in other people's conversations," Pony immediately replied.
"Go right ahead! Talk about me while I'm right here!" Erika told him sarcastically.
"Erika, could you have some patience for once?" Cody tried to break it apart.
"Pony, enough! What's gotten into you?" Mimi grabbed his shoulder.
"Don't talk to her that way, Pony!" Poley defended his crush.
Pony stayed silent.

"Oh okay fine, now that she's here, she's more important, right?" Pony scoffed.
"Oh boy, this is bad," I thought.
"I knew them first, you cretin!" Erika shouted angered.
Wilbur buried his paws into his face, embarrassed by Erika.
I'd say this is mostly Pony's fault.
"Calm down!" Poley told them both.
"Oh, no! I'm not done here!" Erika protested.
Pony stood up, and began to argue with her.
Erika followed suite.
Cody and Mimi tried to break up the argument, but it didn't work.

Wilbur took the kids to another room.
Kaelan suggested we let the three of them handle it.
Mimi apologized for Pony's behavior, stating she didn't know what got into him.
Giraffy left with them, while Poley and I stayed behind.
I felt too scared to say anything.
Scared to upset either one.
Pony's cracked under the stress and grief of losing Zizzy, our home, and being kidnapped.
Erika's been alone emotionally. I can tell, whenever she's down she's more open to Poley, Doggy and I.
She's more open than she's ever been.
"Eri calm down," Poley eventually did something.
He put his hand on her back, "Ouch!"
"Funny how you say you care about them and then you hurt Poley!" Pony argued.
"I can't control it!" Eri retorted.

"Enough!!" I shouted.
Everyone stood silent.
I grabbed Pony's wrist and dragged him to the other room, "Mimi, go talk to him."
"I'm sorry," Eri sighed.
"It's alright, don't know what's going with Pony. He's usually not like that," Poley held her hand (paw?).
"Let's go. I've got something to do, mind helping me?" Eri asked.
"Sure, Y/N?" Poley turned to me.
"I'll go."

We headed outside the lab, and calmed down on the way to our destination.
Eri explained that there's a small house that she's planning to move into.
She took Poley and I to another home that she had been preparing for a few months.

"So, Eri, why even move away?" Poley asked, "Sure the place is overcrowded now, but not back before we got here."
"Remember the cure?" she asked, "We need to set up more places for the people we cure.
"Oh, I see," he commented, "Although this place is somewhat small."
"My plan was to cure you two and Doggy, and live here. I figured Y/N could calm down a certain menace in the area.."
"What do you mean?" Poley questioned.
Eri opened the blinds, "I know it's a little hard to see but there's an oil Refinery over there. That's where some members of TSP live."
"Oh yeah, they're.. well they kidnapped a friend of mine, Pony and I went to save her. She's infected now and we accidentally destroyed their home trying to save her," Poley explained.
"No wonder he's so upset. Losing his friend from one day to the next," Erika commented.
"Still not excuse for how he treated you. Sorry about him," I hugged her arm.
"It's not your fault. This place should be ready in a week, and we don't have to worry as much about those criminals anymore," Eri assured me, "By the way, you and Willow haven't fallen out right?"
"She tried to kidnap me," I told her.
"I told you to stay away from Wolf since the day we became friends, didn't I?"
"You win, Eri. You win," I looked away. Maybe I should've listened.