Chapter 17

Poley's POV
We arrived near the old oak, but no one was there.
I thought it was odd, but I brushed it off. Maybe they lived farther away.
"We should leave," Pony stated. He was paranoid to say the least.
He protested showing up in the first place, and he had insisted we left since we first arrived.
"I'm sure they are on their way," Zizzy said.
Pony looked away uncomfortably. He was extremely anxious.

"Pony, the ex-member. It's a shame you left us, you were a very good friend. Too bad you are nothing to me now," a wolf came out of the trees like a creepy man coming out of the woodworks.
I looked around; members of her group were all showing up.
Pony froze in fear.
The wolf walked to him and then in front of me.
It was as if she was staring straight through my eyes and looking into my soul for a few solid seconds, although it felt like an eternity.
Neither of us spoke. I could almost see how insane and broken she was as she smiled creepily and angrily.
"Officer Poley," she said as chills went up my spine, "The son of the chief and one of the two people my best friend replaced me with. Your father must have felt good when ordering Y/N to rip away from those I care about, right?"
I wasn't afraid, but extremely uneasy instead.
We both stayed silent once more.
She finally walked over to Zizzy, "and who might you be? You're certainly someone I've never seen before."
"You may not know me, but I know everything about you and your sick crew," Zizzy answered.
"Pony must have told, didn't he, sweetie?" she said, as though trying to hide her anger, "That was one of his many flaws, he could never keep his mouth shut."

"What to do..? What to do..?" she pondered, "Say, Officer, do you know where Y/N is?"
Wait... but Y/N—
It dawned on me.
"Are.. are you Willow Wolf?" I asked.
"Yes, now, where's Y/N?" Willow glared impatiently.
"Why would you want to know?" Pony shouted.
"That doesn't concern you," Willow responded in a serious tone.
She said something about Y/N replacing her.
What if she wanted to hurt her?
Maybe she was looking for reven—

"So!? Where is Y/N?" Willow once again inquired, this time frustrated.
"I-I don't know," I lied.
All humanity left her face.
She looked incomplete, inconsolable, heartbroken, shattered.
Perhaps saying that wasn't the right move.

"And Tigry didn't find her either.." Willow muttered, "Is she dead or infected?"
She paused. Nobody said anything, you could even hear the ants marching.
"Take the zebra with us! Leave the two to rot," Willow finally ordered.
"No leave her alone!" Pony immediately protested.
"Woah, woah, hold your horses," Willow laughed maniacally as she pointed her gun at him, "I don't want to hurt anyone! I'm just taking her for questioning."
Two of Willow's friends grabbed Zizzy and started escorting her to their base as the rest walked along with them, all visibly uncomfortable.
None of them wanted for Zizzy to get hurt and were just following orders, it seemed.