Chapter 9

A week after Y/N, Georgie and Poley arrived at the Safe Place
Poley's POV
"Hey, Poley?" my best mate asked.
"What is it, Y/N?" I turned to her.
"How did you end up at the carnival?"
"Oh well, I was looking for Mr.P.. he was the one that started all of this."
"What!? How do you know?"
"I.. unfortunately ran into him and someone called Bunny. He infected Bunny."
"I'm sorry about your loss, Poley. I'm always here if you need someone to talk to.."
"It's okay, Y/N. I'm okay."
"Are you sure?"
"I'm sure."

We went downstairs to talk to the others.
Pony shouted, "Poley, we found a helic—"
"I  found a helicopter signal," Mimi corrected him.
"Well, the point is a helicopter signal was found near an outpost. Do you want to come with us to investigate?" Pony continued.
"Mr.P!" I quickly thought. He left in a helicopter, "We have to go!" I said.
"Are you coming too, Y/N?" Zizzy asked.
"Of course," she smiled.

Georgie's POV
"Mr.P? Wait, he's the one that hurt my family," I realized. I decided to follow them, but how do I get away from Zee and Zuzy?
"Hey, Zee, Zuzy! Let's play Hide & Seek! I'll count," I told them. Both nodded and I began counting to ten.

Y/N's POV
It took a few hours, but Pony, Zizzy, Poley, and I arrived at an outpost.
All the soldiers were infected. All these brave people who sacrificed their own lives to serve the nation, gone.
Zizzy had to go 'take care' of them, so to speak.
Pony went to deal with the most dangerous of the infected there, we'll call them Torcher.
Torcher was chasing us around, and had a flamethrower.
This left Poley and I to investigate on our own, just like the good old days before this apocalypse began.

We explored the compound. It seems like they had a code written down on a whiteboard.
I ripped out a page from a notebook and used a pen nearby to write it down.
Maybe I could decipher it.

Either way, we opened the entrance to a plant in the outpost.
However, just before we walked in, we heard a voice.
"Wait!" Georgie said.
"What are you doing here?" I asked him.
"I want to see the person who hurt my family," he answered.
"Then let's all go in," Poley started walking into the facility.
All five of us went inside.