Homecoming

MAYA

Scott was kissing me.

I was kissing him back.

To be honest, I still didn't know what I was doing, but it helped that Scott was such a good kisser so I was able to catch on.

His lips were soft and tender, moving slowly against mine. I tried to reciprocate with my lips and it must have been getting the job done because the kiss started to get more intense. I put my hands around his neck and slightly caressed his nape, Scott responds with wrapping his arms around my waist slightly tighter. Before the kiss could go any further, I heard the door downstairs being opened followed by parents' laughter.

Scott and I pull apart slowly, not realizing the gravity of our situation. Until we do.

"You have to jump out the window!" I say pushing Scott off the bed.

"What? I can't jump out the window!" Scott says. "Why can't we just go downstairs?"

"Technically you're not supposed to be here! Although my parents adore you, they also think you're supposed to be Ariana!"

Scott was quiet for a moment, pondering with him arms crossed.

"Yeah, I'll just go out the window. I rather your parents continue to adore their new daughter's boyfriend." Scott says with a sly grin.

"And who said you were my boyfriend?" I ask walking up to him and wrapping my arms his waist.

"L'ho fatto." Scott whispers and pecks my lips. He walks towards my window to open it and he looks down. "This jump won't kill me, right?"

"Of course not." I say, patting his shoulder sympathetically. "You'll be fine."

"You're lucky I like you." Scott replies as he pecks me on the lips again. "See you tomorrow?"

"See you tomorrow." I whisper helping him out the window. Thankfully, Scott got down there safely and he was already walking back to his house. He waved to me before going inside and I waved back.

I head downstairs to see my mom and dad snacking on the cannolis.

"Hey honey! We heard some noise upstairs, was everything okay?" My mom asks.

"Y-yeah, everything's fine. How was your date?" I say walking toward them and grabbing another cannoli.

"Wonderful! It felt good to take some time for ourselves after so long. By the way, how did these cannolis get here?" My dad asks.

"Oh, um, Scott brought them over; his mom made them for us."

"Well, that was awfully nice of her. Maya, you should make them one of your famous homemade pound cakes! You know how everyone in the family loves them!"

"Yeah maybe." I said. "So, guess what?" I say wiggling my eyebrows.

"What?" My parents said in unison looking at me curiously."

"I'm finally going to a dance! Scott asked me to go to homecoming with him!" I say excitedly going over to my mom who hugs me in return.

"Aww honey! I'm so happy for you! I knew you two would end up together." She says smirking.

"I'm happy for you too, baby girl. However, I still have to give him the Dad-to-boyfriend talk." Dad says looking sternly.