Don't let me go

A/N: Hey everyone! i'm so so sorry about the long wait...again. however i've had a lot of time to think about where i want this story to go and i think the best direction is to change the perspective to first person. i feel like it's more personal with the characters. furthermore, each chapter will change points of view, so this chapter will take place in scott's point of view but i'll let you know, because it may change to maya for multiple chapters but we'll see. okay onward!!!

SCOTT

I was enjoying this hug way more than I should have. Everything about this hug felt right. No, everything about Maya felt right.

Currently, I had my arms around her waist and my head tucked into her neck. I had to lean down a little due to our height difference. Her hands were around also around my waist, with her face in my neck. I felt her breath against my neck and I felt my heart race.

I also had my head tucked into her neck and I moved slightly, so now my nose was directly against her soft skin. I softly inhaled and exhaled taking in her scent. She smelled like vanilla and lavender. I held my arms tighter against her. Our bodies were pressed together and I've never felt a better feeling. I didn't want this moment to end.

However, I also knew there was more homework, my parents, and two siblings that I needed to get to. So, I reluctantly, hesitantly, unwrapped my arms from Maya. I barely heard a small whine coming from Maya and I threw my head back in despair and softly chuckled.

"I didn't want to let go either," I said looking down at her. I studied her small brown eyes, medium length eyelashes, button nose, and her small yet desirable lips.

"I know you have to go home," she says pouting slightly.

"Yeah, I have some other homework to do and I should probably make an appearance at home before my parents freak out," I say dreading the homework I've procrastinated to get done.

Maya laughs, "I know the feeling," she says. "Even though it's rare when I'm not at home, besides going to school," she rolls her lips in, "Kinda sad to be honest." I laughed louder than I have in a while, while looking at the girl who always manages to make me smile.

"You're funny," I said finally calming down my laughter.

"I usually am when I'm not a nervous wreck," she smirks slightly.

"So, are you saying I don't make you nervous?" I say walking closer to her.

"Not at the moment, no," she says looking up at me.

"So, I do make you nervous?" I say leaning closer to her face.

"Maybe," she whispered.

"Good," I take a pause. "Cause you make nervous too," I say honestly smiling down at her, feeling my heart race again. We stare at each for a while after that, neither one of us wanting to look away. A minute passes and Maya has the will power to look away.

"Come on I'll walk you downstairs," she says tiptoeing backwards towards the door. I was pleasantly surprised to see how she didn't bump into the wall or anything because if that was me I definitely would have. I grab my backpack and head down the stairs with her.

Maya walked in front of the door as I stood opposite of her.

"Thanks again for letting me come and for letting me see you play your cello. You were amazing," I say smiling recalling the event that took place only 15 minutes ago.