Driving Thoughts

"Thanks for the drive home I really appreciate it," Scott says looking at Maya.

Maya wasn't really sure why she agreed to drive him home, due to the fact that she is a nervous wreck around the guy. However, Johnson had a kind heart. And she could put away her social anxiety for about 5 minutes to get home.

"It's no problem," Maya says with a slight smile and glances over to Miller for a quick glance and looks right back towards the road.

Scott had a plan. And it wasn't just an ordinary plan, he had a plan to make Maya his friend. Maybe they were friends, but he wasn't really sure. So, he will make it his priority to get to know this kind and also very shy girl, and befriend her.

Maya wasn't sure what to do. The guy that has taken up majority of her thoughts was sitting right next to her. And not just next to her, he was her passenger. Now, Johnson had to be extra careful on the road. After all, the only other person who's been in her car besides her parents is Ariana.

"So uh...how was your day?" Scott asked.

"Oh! Uh...good yeah I guess," Maya stuttered in response. "How about you?"

"It was alright. Thanks again for helping me to get to my class. That was really nice of you." Scott said smiling at the embarrassed girl.

Maya once again looked at Scott, she noticed his crooked smile with his right dimple showing. "It's no problem," she replied looking back towards the road.

"Did you want to work on the project a little more today?"

Maya pondered her response. She thinks that that was probably the best idea, so that the two teenagers weren't sitting alone in an awkward silence.

"Yeah, yeah we could do that," Maya replied turning into her home.

Maya parked the car and gather her stuff. Before she realized it, Scott was already jumping out the car and walked towards her side to open the door. Maya froze.

Did he just open the door for me? Maybe chivalry isn't dead.

Maya carefully stepped out the car and stood in front of Scott. Scott closed the door without breaking eye contact with Maya. During this moment, Scott carefully admired Maya's features. From her dark brown skin, her light brown eyes, and naturally curly dark brown hair.

She's so pretty. Scott thought.

Maya cleared her throat, cheeks burning. Maya wasn't slow. Even though she didn't interact with boys, she knew how they could act thanks to Ariana from giving her lessons on boys, back in the 9th grade.

And one specific thing she said was, "If a guy looks at you for longer than 10 seconds he probably thinks you're cute." But did Scott think Maya was cute? Maya shook her head, trying to clear her mind of those thoughts.

Scott clears his throat. "I'm sorry I was just thinking... about yo-the project. Yes the project," Scott rambles, his cheeks turning a slight pink.

"Okay yeah it's fine let's just go inside, yeah?" Maya said a little more confident. Now that she knows she's not only one that gets flustered when the two have a conversation.

Maya and Scott walk in the Johnson household together.

Maya walked in guiding her guest into the kitchen.

"Did you want anything to drink?" Maya asks removing her jacket.

"Oh no thanks I'm good," Scott says smiling also taking off his jacket.

"I'll take your jacket for you," Maya reaches for his jacket. Scott hands it to her when their hands meet each other's. Scott and Maya's hands touch as if they had of a mind of their own. The boy and girl stand there for a second, confused, until they're both out of their daze and retract their hands. The two look down shyly, cheeks burning.

"Uh, let's uh go to my room I guess," Maya says gesturing towards the stairs, pointing with her thumb. She starts to walk over to the coat hanger to hang up her and Miller's jacket.

Scott stays silent, observing Johnson, the way she walked and how her whole posture changes when she gets nervous. He smiled looking down thinking of the past occurrences.

Maya turned back towards Scott to see his head down with a shy smile. "Are you okay?" Maya asks laughing.

Scott shakes his head, startled, trying the clear his thoughts. "Yeah I'm fine...sorry." He says scratching the back his head, his cheeks a blush pink.

"You ready to go? Upstairs?

"Yep yeah ready when you are."

Maya starts to walk with Scott behind her, keeping a comfortable distance between the two.

When the two had just about made it to the stairs the door opened. Maya and Scott froze and both turned towards the door. Maya's mom comes in, oblivious to what was happening, since she came in while looking down at the mail in her hands. Until, she glanced upwards.

"Hi...Mrs. Johnson."

^^^

HI EVERYONE!! I am so so sorry for the six month hiatus, I hadn't even realized it had been that long...so I truly truly apologize. And it has also not been unnoticed how much this book is getting viewed and is getting voted on SO THANK YOU SO SO MUCH because that's what's really keeping me going with writing this story and when I make other stories so thanks again!! This was a really short chapter but I really wanted to update because I felt insanely bad so I know it's not the best chapter so I'll make sure I'll post longer chapters in also shorter amount of time as well. Until next time on Finding You!!

 Until next time on Finding You!!