You and Me

SCOTT

I looked in the mirror as I fixed my hair. I looked at my outfit and shrugged. My outfit consisted of a black Nike hoodie and dark blue jeans. My brown hair was disheveled and it looked like I had ran my hands through it multiple times. Which I had.

I turned away from my mirror, grabbing my phone and wallet before heading out of my room. Before I could leave two little figures were in front of me.

"Where are you going?" Lia asked me with her arms crossed against her chest.

"Yeah, are you going out with your little girlfriend?" Ben starts to make these annoying kissing sounds. I cringe.

"I'm going out and no I don't have a girlfriend," I say as I try sidestep them.

Lia blocks me. "But, you are seeing Maya right?"

"I didn't say that either and isn't it pass y'all's bedtime?"

"It's Friday, so mom and dad let us stay up late," Ben points out.

"I don't remember that rule, but I don't have time to debate it I have to go," I say checking the time. "If I tell you guys where I'm going will you let me leave?" I say pleading with my hands combined in a praying gesture.

Lia and Ben huddle together and talk in hushed whispers, they turn back to me. "Yes, you may," they say in unison.

"Ok, I'm going to a party. With Maya."

Lia and Ben were quiet at first, but then started cheering happily.

"I knew she was your girlfriend!" Ben yelled pointing a finger at me. At this point, I don't even correct him I just need to go pick up Maya before she thinks I stood her up or something, can't have that.

"Now that I told you guys where I'm going, you can leave," I say turning them both out of my room and leaving with them.

Lia and Ben go to their rooms as I walk down the stairs. Mom and Dad were sitting together on the couch watching tv.

"Hey mom and dad I'm going out with Maya, I'll be back later don't wait up," I say heading towards the door.

"Hold on a minute Scott," my dad said. "Where exactly are you two going?"

"We're just hanging out with a few friends, just a small party," Okay half of that was the truth. We were going to be hanging out with our friends but the party was definitely not going to be small.

"Okay well don't stay out too late," my mom says as she joins my dad and I at the door and kisses my cheek.

"I won't, love you guys!"

I start the short walk to Maya's house, I arrive on their doorstep and take a breath, as I rung the doorbell.

The door opened a moment later. Maya was standing there with a light blue Love Yourself sweatshirt and leggings. She looked at me for a moment and then shook her head like she was thinking hard about something.

"This is causal right? It isn't too causal? Or is it too dressy? I didn't want a wear to dress because my friend said that no was going to be wearing a dress, so I didn't want to stand out. Is that a bad thing? Should I go change? Wait should I put on—?"