The Second Meeting

"Hi, Mrs

"Hi, Mrs. Johnson," Scott says looking towards Maya's mom. He didn't expect to see her, but he wasn't surprised.

"Well, hello Scott. It's so nice to see you again," she smiles slyly, looking towards her blushing daughter.

"You as well," Scott says walking down the stairs to handshake Arlette.

Maya stood frozen on the stairs. One, she wasn't expecting to see her mom home so soon, two, she was trying to understand how it was possible for Scott to be just as nice and respectful towards her mother. But, she can't say she's surprised.

Maya finally gets over her frozen state and walks towards her mom and maybe quite possibly her crush.

"Hey mom, how was work," Maya asks giving her mother a hug, her moms attire were blue scrubs from most likely finishing her surgeries early.

"It was good honey, how was you two's day at school," Arlette asks the two teenagers.

"Good," they replied together. Scott wasn't use to being asked how his day way was. Being in a family of 5 was a completely different dynamic compared to a family of 2. And being the oldest, well it didn't make it any easier.

"So, Scott was brings you over today?"

"Oh well we're working on a project together," Scott says smiling at the kind woman.

"Yeah, so we should go upstairs," Maya says using her thumb to jester towards the stairs.

"Right yeah sure, um don't let me disturb you," Arlette says understanding the hint that Maya was trying to get at.

"It was nice to see you again," Scott says to Mrs. Johnson. Scott starts to turn around and walk toward the stairs.

Arlette mouths to Maya he's a keeper and winks at her already embarrassed daughter.

"Mom!" Maya whispered.

Arlette just continues to smirk and laugh quietly while walking towards the kitchen to start on dinner.

Maya and Scott walk upstairs and towards Johnson's bedroom.

"So, you ready to discuss themes on To Kill A Mockingbird?" Scott asks Maya smiling down at her.

Maya laughs and nods as they start to get their books out.

^^^

After hours of discussing, debating, writing, and reading the two scholars were finally finished the project, that still wasn't really due until a few weeks.

"Well, I'm glad we got that done," Maya says, feeling accomplished for the work they had gotten done. Maya also wasn't used to finishing a project so early with others, since she was use to working by herself. But she liked this change, she liked Scott. As a friend. Of course. She adds in her head.

"Yeah, we work well together," Scott says smirking slightly, bumping their shoulders.

Maya laughs once again, it seems like she does that a lot with Scott.

Scott studies her smile and her face when she laughs. How her eyes crinkle, a small dimple shows on her left cheek, and how she slightly puts her head down while she laughs. Scott looks around her room when her laugh starts to die down and notices something he hadn't before. A cello case.

"You play the cello?" Scott asks suddenly full of curiosity.

Maya nods shyly. Maya didn't just play the cello. She's played it since she was 11 years old. It all started when she saw the instrument at a Lollapalooza, which is a place where kids can go and learn more about instruments and play a little bit. She remembers when she laid her eyes on it. Of course she had seen it before, but never up close. She studied the light brown of the cello, the strings, the scrolls, and she instantly fell in love with it. She sat in the chair and started playing aimlessly, not quite sure what she was doing. Nonetheless, she wanted to learn.

"Yeah. Yeah I do, I've played it since I was 11," Maya says looking towards the instrument. It sat in her case with stickers all over it. Stickers of Kermit memes, BTS, and pictures of tv and movie ships that she has.

Maya's hands were itching to play, she hadn't had much time since school has her busy all the time.

Scott stares at the way Maya looks at the cello. She looks at it, with a sense of longing. He can tell that she wants to play it and he definitely wouldn't turn down an opportunity to hear her play.

"Do you want to play it? For me?" Scott asked the shy musician. His voice lowered.

Maya pauses and looks at Scott for confirmation. His face held emotions of curiosity and admiration as he stared back Maya.

"I would love to," Maya whispers back.

With that, she stands up grabs the chair from her desk and sits in front of the cased cello. She takes the instrument out the case and settles it between her legs and all the other necessary procedure. She rosins her bow and plucks the instrument in tune. She straightened her back and started to play Moon River, a song she knew by heart. She bowed and bowed on the strings and lost herself in the music.

Scott gazes at the girl in front of him. He studies her face, eyes closed, as if she was picturing the notes in her head, the way her hand controls and holds the bow, while it moves from string and string, and his eyes move over to her other hand and the way her fingers move quickly, yet precise. He was simply entranced.

Her playing unfortunately came to a stop, Scott took a breath, not realizing he was holding his breath, when she was playing. Maya looks back up at Scott. The two eyes held each other as minutes pass by.

Maya finally got out their trance and packs her cello back up and walked towards Scott. It doesn't seem like Scott was out of the daze quite yet. Maya suddenly feeling bold walked right in front of Scott, peering down at him. Scott stands up too and continues to look at her, now looking down due to their height difference.

Scott suddenly makes a movement, and before she knows it his arms have wrapped around her. His arms wrapped around her back and holds her to his chest.

Maya stands frozen not sure why Scott was hugging her, but she definitely did not mind, so she put her hands around his waist. Johnson and Miller. Boy and girl. Black and white. Not knowing the affect that they will now have on each other.

^^^
A/N
OH MY GOSH FINALLY!! SOME ACTION!! I kid I kid... not really. These two have so much tension it's insane. Anyway, I'm so so sorry again for the long wait. School got way out of hand before break and now that my break is over, I somehow found a way to update but I'm glad I did I feel pretty confident about this chapter. And I just want to thank you guys for your kind comments, voting, and overall just continuing to read this book even though I can't update till months which I really need to stop doing. But this chapter was probably the longest chapter I've written so I'm hoping my brain will continue to work like this. Okay this authors note is long enough, thanks again and I'll see you next time on Finding You!!!

P.S. do you guys think that Scott should be the jealous kind? Just for future reference😏😏